Monday, October 01, 2007

where did the weekend go?

Current work: PM job/archaeologist c2
Listening to: Kate Rusby, The Girl Who Couldn’t Fly (thanks to DH who indulged me)
Reading: Jane Jackson, Dangerous Waters (very, VERY good – the setting is superb, the heroine is lovely, and it’s clearly been properly researched – better still, the research doesn’t show!)

The last couple of days have just vanished. Saturday, did some work (albeit not as much as I intended); went shopping for new beds for the children; spent the evening at DH’s brother’s playing games and talking too much. Sunday, spent rather a lot of time nagging son about homework and presentation etc; sorting out statement letter; and dragged into town shopping with DH and the kids. The idea was to take some of the last pics for the history book… except St George’s Colegate was closed and they’re doing some restoration work, so we couldn’t even look properly round the outside. I think the gravestone I was after might not be visible any more, there are no extant pictures of my subject, and his biography isn’t much use either. So I’ll have to think up something else to illustrate that particular story. Maybe chat to the Records Office… (And no, this isn’t one of my trumped-up excuses to visit the archives!)

Today… finishing off some PM work and then focusing on the book. Need to do a post office run, too. PRESMA meeting tonight – mm, so I also need to make a cake this morning. That can be cooking while I’m going through the PM proofs.

7 comments:

Kate Walker said...

OK so I'm even more fuzzled than you because I read that as 'went shopping for new children. . .'!!

Thak you for the lovely inspiration in the form of Mr Armitage - I have a Greek to finish off (in the nicest possible way! ;o) )

Kate Hardy said...

LOL, Kate. Mind you, after the way my youngest behaved this morning, that's tempting *g* (I love her, really. But I could do without the tantrums.)

Enjoy finishing off your Greek. I'm off with my sexy archaeologist...

Diane said...

You've been quite tired just lately. When was your last blood test? Don't forget to look after yourself too.

Kate Hardy said...

Good point, Diane - could be my thyroid. (Duh. Why didn't I think of that?) I'll look after me. Am having a day off midweek, next week. (Dentist. Gulp. Whimper. Nonono, don't think about that. Denial until the morning itself.)

I'll get another test arranged next month, along with a BP check. (Can only handle one lot of needles a month: just call me wussy.)

Ray-Anne said...

If you are still looking for a hero candidate for the archaeologist - may I suggest Jason Issacs? He has that look...someone called him the thinking girls' hero/crumpet. I would go along with that!:o)

Kate Hardy said...

Nice choice, Ray-Anne - he plays excellent baddies. I thought he was excellent in Peter Pan (I remember thinking, 'Wendy, don't go with Peter... Hook is sooo much sexier'). I might have to find a pic for tomorrow, now :o)

I have cast Alex the archaeologist, but I don't dare say who.

(But I will admit that one of his singles was the first one I ever bought, in the mid 1970s...

Ray-Anne said...

Lucius Malfoy is visiting my blog today, just in case you want to change your mind...

http://mischiefandfilth.blogspot.com/

Singles in the 1970s eh...Um. Shall have to think about that one.
LOL Ray-Anne