Monday, October 15, 2007

a day of interviews

Current work: nonfiction today
Listening to: Genesis, Calling All Stations
Reading: Lilian Darcy’s Café Du Jour (just finished it – was very, very good)

Busy day today – spending the morning in BBC Radio Norfolk’s NCR room chatting to radio stations across the country. Am going on be on BBC Southern Counties Radio and BBC Radio Manchester in the morning; am also doing a pre-recorded one with BBC Radio Leeds. More to come tomorrow and Wednesday. (And in between I’ll probably nip into the library and work there.)

This is all promotion for Mills & Boon’s support for the Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign – for every Modern or Modern Extra books bought this month, M&B will donate 10p to the campaign. Although I don’t have a book out this month (my next two will be available on the Mills & Boon website in November or in shops in December), M&B have asked me to do the promotional activity because they know it’s a cause very dear to my heart – I lost my mum to breast cancer, and my 2006 RNA award shortlisted book, Where the Heart Is, is very closely involved with the subject.

Apart from that, I spent Sunday morning baking – we went swimming in the afternoon with friends and had tea over at theirs, so of course I needed to make cheese stars and cookies and lemon cake. (Yes, THOSE ones. The recipes are all on the website.)

2 comments:

Diane said...

Have a great time at the radio station.

Baking ... ah yes, I remember that ... stroll on 3 November when I can start again.

Kate Hardy said...

Thanks, enjoyed it hugely.

Roll on 3 November :o)