Friday, October 05, 2007

Dream home

Current work: archaeologist c4
Listening to: Josh Groban (daughter is word-perfect on 'In her Eyes')
Reading: Jane Jackson, Dangerous Waters (excellent read)

Nicked this from Fiona Harper’s blog.


Your home is a

Magnate's Hideout

Your kitchen is someplace you never go, because you "have people for that." There's a Chocolatessen, which is rapidly becoming your favorite room of the house. Having one is also becoming a trend among your wealthy neighbors. Your master bedroom is the size of a small barn, with carpet thick enough to reach your ankles. Your study has hardback editions of every classic ever written, plus a special edition of Rich Dad, Poor Dad with the parts you ghost-authored highlighted. One of your garages holds your collection of ferraris, and is measured in acreage.

Your home also includes a guest wing and private quarters for your servants. Outside is your hedge maze and gardens, meticulously tended by a team of world-class botanists.

And, you have a pet -- a doberman pincer named "Warren".

Below is a snippet of the blueprints:


Build YOUR Dream Home!

Hugely amusing. Ballroom would be for daughter (but it needs pink, fluffiness and sparkles). Romance library and chocolates, fine (don’t care about my waistline today as I’m on countdown to the scary dentist appointment with sedation). Ferraris will keep my son and husband amused. But an AI testing centre? LOL. Kate Nerdy’s there, all right.

Maze? Hmm. No, I want a moat. With swans. And a greenhouse would be nice.

A Dobermann? No. Spaniels. (Plural. I am still getting nowhere with my puppy campaign.)

The library is way too small. (And I want it stocked with books and comfy chairs, not chandeliers and chocolates. And an archive section with rare medieval manuscripts.)

As for never being in the kitchen: er – I cook most of this family’s meals from scratch, thank you (OK, so we go out to dinner a couple of times a month). And I like cooking. I love baking. (Yeah, yeah. We know about the weight problem. I cook healthy stuff. But then the scents of vanilla and chocolate tempt me…)

Magnate.

Ha.

2 comments:

Ray-Anne said...

No mention of the most excellent tango dancing room where you and your latest fictional hottie could dance the night/calories away?

PS. Someone who shall be nameless mentioned a certain type of praline choc from a certain Hotel Chocolate. I went, I saw, I bought.
I ate.
You did say that it was one three times a day after meals, didn't you?
LOL Ray-Anne

Diane said...

I'm at the dentist next Thursday too. Nothing as scary as yours, though, just a check up and hopefully a replacement filling. But at least we'll be there "together". :o)

I LOVE the red ferrari and the backup red ferrari.