Thursday, October 25, 2007

Back to fiction

Current work: Archaeologist book, nearing end of draft 1

Good day yesterday fossicking around the ruins. Son and Madam enjoyed exploring Thetford Priory.
This is a very nice 12th-century arch in the prior's lodgings.
Had lunch out afterwards with DH and the children (incidentally in the same pub as our first date - over 22 years ago. I feel old), then dropped in to see my dad. Started picking up Madam’s cough, and today it’s a full-blown sore throat/headache/no voice job. DH woke in the night, watched TV for a while… then came back to bed and discovered I was nice and warm. So he woke me up. Men. Now, I could be mean and wake him up as he’s sleeping in, but I don’t have a Y chromosome. So I'm working instead.

7 comments:

Ray-Anne said...

Hope the pestilence is not too contagious... Take care, Ray-Anne

Diane said...

I would've borrowed a Y chromosome.

Anonymous said...

Oh Kate - I envy you being near such lovely old buildings. Can't wait to show the kids all those great old ruins when we come over.

Unknown said...

Oh, I'm with Diane on this. Men. Sigh.
Hope you're soon feeling lots better. That's the last thing you need after you know what.

Kate Hardy said...

Ray-Anne - we all have it, but mine needs to be gone by Tuesday as I have meetings and what have you.

Diane - mm, I will if he does that again tonight.

Amy - I will look forward to showing you round some of them myself :o)

Shirley - indeedy. I think the stress of that made my immune system vulnerable. That, or Madam just gets really vicious bugs :o(

Leigh Russell said...

Poor you! Go back to bed and sleep it off. And don't let the man wake you up again! Typical! And wrap up warm when you go out.... I sound like my mum - but that's what you need when you're not well, isn't it? (That's the bit men don't understand)

Jan Jones said...

Look after yourself, Kate. Lots of paracetamol and fluids.

And think, if you had woken him up, you'd have to be doing family stuff now instead of playing with us.

((hugs)) for throat