Sunday, October 07, 2007

Serendipity

Current work: archaeologist c7 ; nonfiction research

It’s fairly well known that I work on two books at a time – a fiction and a nonfiction. (It's my way of avoiding writer's block.) Actually, at the moment, I have two nonfiction books on the go (just signed the contract for the second one this week, deadline not until March). I did most of the pics for the second book last year, but there’s one particular place that’s not generally open to the public.

Anyway, this morning I was working on my fiction. For no reason whatsoever I decided to nip into Google to look up this particular place – and discovered that it’s open today as part of the village flower festival. Now, how spooky is that? The day I decide to multitask and write a nice letter to the owner, I discover I can actually go and see it! (Even spookier, given the book's working title... but I digress.)

So this afternoon I am dragging the kids and DH off on a location research trip. Afterwards, we’re going via the train station to sort out train tickets for our trip to London in half term and also my lunch with my publisher on Nov 2.

And tomorrow I’ll be announcing something exciting. (To do with Modern Heat.) So do come back and say hello…

3 comments:

Diane said...

Ooh, you're such a tease. Have a lovely run out.

Jan Jones said...

Serendipity is a wonderful thing, Kate. Have a nice afternoon.

Kate Hardy said...

Diane - wall paintings. (Happy smile.) We had a lovely run out, ta.

Jan - certainly is. And I did. :o)