Tuesday, October 30, 2007

of mice and men…

Current work: outlines + PM job
Listening to: Cut, Millionairhead

As in, the best-laid plans. Mine were scuppered yesterday as I had littlest one home, sick. She’d slept all day Sunday but seemed so much brighter yesterday morning that school appeared to be an option. So she got dressed. Had breakfast. And went all wobbly on me. ‘Mummy… my head hurts.’ No colour at all in her face. So I spent the day playing with her instead of working. Also ended up going to bed early and just flaking. (Still really tired this morning. Hmm. Maybe it's time for another blood test.)

Discovered that ‘Strictly Legal’ has a new name in Germany. Wait for it… ‘Sexgott-Alarm’. Nice cover, though I’m not sure this gets across ‘stuffy barrister meets flaky vintage clothes dealer’. (In fact, the German version refers to Rose as a fleamarket stallholder. Hmm.)


Oh, and for those who like wordgames? Go here. At the same time you're donating free grains of rice. (And for those of a competitive nature - your target is 49...)

8 comments:

Ray-Anne said...

‘Sexgott-Alarm’??

Oh, my.
Fab.
Hope you all survive the pestilence - as you know these viruses sometimes wipe you out more than you think.
Enjoy the sunshine if you can..
LOL Ray-Anne

Christina Phillips said...

Aww, hope your baby is soon all better, Kate. I've got my baby off sick at the mo, too.

And I love that title too - Sexgott Alarm! Wow!!

Michelle Styles said...

I hope you are all well soon. There are a number of nasty bugs going around...

I love the German title.

Anonymous said...

Sexgott - va va voom. Das ist sehr gut!!

Bloody addictive that word game. After 20 mins and 1200 grains of rice I gave it away but I got to 41. Hmmm........

Melissa Amateis said...

I LOVE word games. I'm off to visit the link.

Hope the little one is better soon, and you, too!

Unknown said...

I wish you'd keep quiet about your word games. Of course, I shall *have* to go and look.

I love that cover.

Hope you're all well soon!

Jan Jones said...

Dratted word-game site! I got to a score of 48 and donated 6220 grains of rice. And somebody now owes me several hundred words of my wip.

Kate Hardy said...

Ray-Anne - mm, I loved it, too. Virus is winning at the mo.

Christina - my baby's better, thanks. Hope yours is better soon, too.

Michelle - I thought you'd enjoy that.

Amy - LOL.

Melissa - hope you enjoyed it, and thanks for the good wishes.

Shirley - I know, Bad Kate :o)

Jan - I knew you'd enjoy it too :o) Several hundred words. Ooops. Sorry!