Thursday, October 04, 2007

I love my job

Current work: archaeologist c3
Listening to: Josh Groban
Reading: Jane Jackson, Dangerous Waters (excellent read)

I’m so enjoying writing this book. Alex (my archaeologist) has really come alive. I hope my ed likes him as he’s… I suppose, another Seb. A charmer, impulsive, and gets his own way (but in a nice way – his sheer enthusiasm carries everyone with him). I had great fun with the research yesterday (the wedding).

And I love this book.

It really feels good to be back in love with my job. Earlier this year, I was debating about going back to the rat race. Days like this, I’m glad I didn’t take that step.

Also had nice post – German copy of His Honourable Surgeon (‘Der Doktor und die Lady’) and Danish copy of The Consultant’s Christmas Proposal. Plus books from a friend (happy wiggle).

Sorted my post yesterday, made the cakes (as I half-expected, DH did the "well, if you made one for school, where's one for me to take to the office?" ... called his bluff and made two), had meeting.

Heard back from the library - all bar three of my pics are fine. The remainer need permission elsewhere - two are from the photographer who did my wedding pics and they were lovely when I rang to ask, and I've been warned in advance that the other tends to say no so I need to work out another way of getting the image. Guess I'll be talking to the people who have the painting hanging to ask if I can come and take a pic...

Plan for today: early guitar lesson (switched from Tues) and then back to my book. So it's a good day ahead.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pleased you got your groove back, Kate. Nothing worse then grinding away at something your heart's not in.
I can't wait to read about your archeaologist.

Jan Jones said...

V pleased it's all going well again.

((happy hugs))

Unknown said...

I'm glad you are enjoying it all again... if you had gone back the the rat race where would I have got my Kate Hardy fix from!! *shivers at the thought*

Kate Hardy said...

Absolutely, Amy - and thanks.

Jan - hugs back atcha.

Biddy - bless - thank you. :o)

It's good to have my groove back.

Diane said...

I'm glad that you're loving it - and your hero - again. Isn't it funny how up and down we get? You had other reasons to return to the rat race that fortunately didn't come Everything happens for a reason. It wasn't your time to go back.

Kate Hardy said...

Diane - hopefully it won't ever be my time to go back. Am working on that...