Tuesday, October 16, 2007

exciting anthology

Current work: archaeologist c10/11
Listening to: Genesis, Calling All Stations (I like this album. A lot.)
Reading: Nicola Cornick, The Virtuous Cyprian (very good)

The Modern Heat/Sexy Sensation releases seem to have skipped a couple of months in Aus. I was a bit disappointed to think that Giovanni wouldn’t see the light of day (especially as it’s my 25th)… and I was just fossicking on the Aussie M&B site (as all paranoid authors do) when I discovered something… Am very excited to be in such company.

The radio interviews went really well yesterday; followed by a useful session in the library. I need to consolidate my notes and write them up properly, and then I can see where the gaps are.

Also had some really good post – as in my December paperbacks arrived yesterday. Both have nice covers - The Doctor's Very Special Christmas has a bauble and One Night, One Baby has a couple by a cathedral and lamp-posts (nooo... I haven't repeated the lamp-posts!). But, best of all – despite the fact that One Night, One Baby isn’t an October release, it’s been flagged as part of the Breast Cancer Campaign and 10p from each book is being donated. I am SO PLEASED. Apart from the fact that I’m doing the publicity for the M&B support for the campaign, it’s a cause close to my heart. I think my mum would approve of the way I’m making something bad into a way to help others, as she used to do a lot to promote the British Heart Foundation and became a cardiac nurse because her mum died from a heart condition. (I’ll spare you the gooey stuff, but my mum was the nicest person I’ve ever met and someone I admire deeply.)

Bit tired last night so I ended up loafing and watching Nigella. (Her version of eggy bread looked lovely… except not coated in that much sugar and I’d add a little cinnamon with the vanilla.) I have severe envy of her pantry. Cue much whimpering of ‘why can’t I have a pantry like that?’ and DH saying, ‘Well, you can, if you convert your office…’ – no, my books do not move…

Plan for today: school run, radio interview, guitar lesson, radio interview, school run – and in between work on fiction. (My lovely ed is being so nice about this. She knows I'm back in the land of the living and hasn't put any pressure on me.)

2 comments:

Jan Jones said...

V pleased re the Breast Cancer Campaign book.

And v v pleased re the Aussie news!

Mmmm. Eggy bread. Haven't made that for ages. Pity I've just had breakfast.

Kate Hardy said...

Thanks, Jan.

I've made myself hungry too...