Saturday, October 20, 2007

medical drama?? Not as I know it...

Current work: archaeologist book c11/12
Listening to: Badfinger (aka torture by DH because I made him be mine and Madam’s bag carrier)
Reading: Annie West, The Sheik's Ransomed Bride (enjoyed it thoroughly)

Nice post yesterday – cheque, the Nick Drake sheet music for DH, and part of Madam’s birthday pressie. DH was a star and did the afternoon school run (codeine makes me sleepy and I would rather not drive on it unless I really have to). Got some work done… but nowhere near as much as I wanted, thanks to the codeine.

Lost a lot of time today, too – had to take Madam shopping to get part of her birthday pressie – a posh dress from Monsoon and posh cardi from Next. (The necklace will have to wait until later in the week.) I did mosey through the Radley section in Debenhams (she's trying to talk me into getting her a little bag) and the new signature bag is really cute… but DH would kill me if I bought another Radley bag. The kids said I should do it because it's against the law to murder your wife. But I think he'd go bananas. Men do not understand about handbags.

Also dropped in to the Carphone Warehouse (because I wanted to see if they would do something as the phone's under warranty) and they were much more useful in the shop. They let me try a phone that’s the same model as mine, and the earpiece speaker was louder, so my phone clearly does have a problem. Though since we took the sim card and battery out and replaced them, it seems to working a bit better… odd. I explained re the call centre and he apologised on behalf of the company AND he was helpful about my phone, so maybe the company’s not so bad – it’s the call centre that’s a problem.

Anyway. Medical drama. This one was passed to me by fellow Medical Romance author Lucy Clark. It’s another Mitchell & Webb clip, and it’s hilarious. Enjoy. (And no, I’m not accepting any dares to write my Med duo in this way!)



My horoscope yesterday was also hilarious. ‘Add a bit of discipline to your day, dear Aquarius, and don't waste away the hours by twiddling your thumbs.’ (In other words, get on with the book. Riiiight.) Be especially respectful of other people's property, and make sure you clean your mess up after you are done with a project. (I’m always careful with other people’s stuff and I will clean my office – when I’ve finished my book. I have a deadline.) Maintain a positive energy flow in the spaces you inhabit by really making a conscious effort to keep them well cared for. (In other words: my desk is a tip and you can write your name in the dust on my windowsill, so it needs sorting. See previous sentence.) Smile while you work. (Even though my mouth hurts? … not as much as yesterday, admittedly, but still there, and the tetracycline is a pain as I have to be careful about dairy stuff, and the mouthwash means no tea or coffee. Am despatching DH to purchase sugar-free Ribena so I can at least have a warm drink.) The better the energy you put in, the better the energy you will get out. (Ah, now this is more like it. The Paddington Bear philosophy: ‘Life is like a marmalade sandwich. You only get out what you put in.’ Very true.)

No comments: