Monday, October 22, 2007

Fabby new cover!

Current work: archaeologist book c14 /15
Listening to: Joe Lynn Turner
Reading: not at the mo, focused on writing

I have a new cover! (And it deserves a screamer.) I’m SO pleased – I was pretty unhappy with the UK cover of ‘In the Gardener’s Bed’. This new cover fits the book much better. Meet Amanda, a buttoned-up female accountant, and Will, a sexy horticultural designer who turned down an unconditional place at Oxford (i.e. he’s very, VERY clever). Not the people on the UK version (or even on the Aussie version, which got the thumbs-up from my DH – except, ahem, he isn’t the target market).

The book is going to be on sale in all good bookshops in the US in January (that's a big deal for me, too), retitled The Pregnancy Ultimatum.

I will be smiling all the way to London tomorrow morning…




10 comments:

Leigh Russell said...

I'd certainly look twice at this book! You sound like a very busy lady (good for you!) but if you have a moment, I wonder if you'd be kind enough to take a look at the cover design for a crime thriller I have coming out in the spring? It's my first book - details on my blog.

Leigh Russell said...

Thanks for the advice about the photo. I'll have to study the jpg thing... Not very IT literate, I'm afraid! But thank you very much for the advice. I'll try to follow your instructions. Thank you for the comments on the cover too.

Fiona Lowe said...

Sensational, Kate!

Anonymous said...

*snatches it up in the US before it has a chance to disappear*

Finally! All of my favorite Brit (and more) authors! yay!

I'm still miffed; I keep getting to a bookstore and I find Anne McAllister's book (w Sadie and Spencer) and it's alllll sold out--which is thrilling I know, but It's depressing for me.

Jan Jones said...

That's more like it, Kate!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! (like Will himself) I'm deeply envious-- who do I have to buy chocolate for to get a cover like this?!

Anonymous said...

Loved that story Kate. Pleased you finally got a worthy cover.

Melissa Amateis said...

Gorgeous cover! Congrats!

Kate Hardy said...

Leigh - thank you. (And your book cover is great.)

Fiona - thanks, I think so too.

Lou - oh, bless you :o) Have you tried ordering Anne's book from the Harlequin website? Or mabye ABE?

Jan - sure is. (I think I ranted to you at the time *g*)

India - thank you. Don't know the answer, but the cover fairy did owe me... :o)

Amy, thanks. (You got the rant as well, if I remember.)

Melissa - thanks :o)

Anonymous said...

I would if I actually had money. lol. No, I prefer to go directly through like Walmart or Borders where I can get it for a cheap price. It doesn't bother me so much because Walmart's supposed to get some more in this week.