I met Kate online – in blogland, in fact. I’d never seen her before or heard of her, and she didn’t know me either. But somehow, we hit it off. We had so much in common that we agreed if we knew each other in real life we would have been good friends. Since then we’ve enjoyed laughs together, fought over the same totty, argued over music (specifically Deep Purple – the Ian Gillan v David Coverdale argument, plus Smoke on the Water) [edit by Kate: solo stuff, DC wins for me, but DP stuff, has to be IG, and SOTW is dull dull dull - Lazy and Pictures of Home are much better on that album], given each other support, and held each other’s hands through the good times and the bad.
Kate is always there for me when I want a moan or need to pour my heart out. In March 2006 she threw open the doors of her house – and her family’s heart – to me when I needed a bit of a healing sojourn away from life. I’ll always remember that kindness.
Congratulations, Kate, on your 25th book for M&B. And in only 5 years? Blimey.
I’m not a romantic person by nature, but I do read Kate’s books – mostly because she sends them to me and I’m certain she’ll quiz me afterwards to make sure I have. [grin] I do have certain … requirements in a man, though. Here’re 25 of them I did for fun:
The man of my dreams would ideally ...
- be single - or detach himself pretty pronto
- have a full head of hair, long or short, any colour
- be one of the water signs - pisces, cancer, scorpio - or an aquarius
- enjoy music - most kinds
- be loyal and faithful, honest and open
- enjoy cooking and not mind housework
- be able to do DIY
- support me in everything I do
- not be afraid to have an argument or discussion
- like walking
- be interested in wildlife and nature, enjoy travel and sightseeing
- have a great sense of humour - dry is preferred
- not be over sensitive or sulky
- trust me and believe everything I say, especially when I say a football (soccer) player was offside
- be able to talk to me about anything
- love animals
- be very sexy and sensual
- be unafraid of OCCASIONAL romance
- hold my hand in public and be a good hugger
- be thoughtful
- enjoy going out equally as much as stopping in, watching telly or listening to CDs, going to gigs (concerts) or the pictures (movies)
- understand that a cuddle on the sofa can mean JUST a cuddle
- love the sea just as much as the countryside or town
- know when to give me chocolate, i.e. when I need it
- be my best friend, ever.
GIVEAWAY: I’m giving away one of my favourite luxuries – five bars of Green & Black’s organic chocolate, so the winner needs to tell me any flavours they already know they hate.
GIVEAWAY QUESTION: In 25 words (or less), what’s your ideal partner?