Thursday, July 19, 2007

and a bit of good news

To my relief, my ed liked the revisions (and yes, I DO always worry about it; I also worry that my readers are going to hate my new book. However, this is a good thing because it means I have my readers in mind and I’m not trying to fob them off with something I know isn’t good enough – I want to make each book the best possible).

So my seventh Modern Extra will be out in March 2008. Sadly, I didn’t get to keep my working title of ‘In the Heat of the Night’; the new one is ‘Sold to the Highest Bidder’. I’m also very pleased to say that Breakfast at Giovanni’s is going to be on sale retail in the US – albeit under a new title (In Bed with Her Italian Boss) - in September next year. So I’m doing a little happy dance this morning. (And I’m also working on my Spanish doctor. And trying to convince the hero and heroine of my next book - another MX - that they can wait until I get back from holiday before jumping about in my head. Though at the same time I really appreciate having my muse back!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Kate! So sorry I didn't make your blog party, twenty five books is a wonderful achievement, but I was overwhelmed with revisions myself. BTW, I have an idea that Charlotte Lamb used the title 'In The Heat of the Night' many moons ago - can anyone confirm that? And then of course there was the film of the same name...

Diane said...

Typical - you get your muse back right before you go on holiday ... I'll bet that pocket pc goes with you.

Michelle Styles said...

Congrats Kate. Wonderful news.

Christina, no one owns the copyright to titles so they can and do get used over and over again. Sometimes, with things like Gone WIth the Wind, it is porbably best not to resuse the title.

FWIW

Unknown said...

Yes, I bet the pocket pc goes with you, too.
Have a great holiday!

Kate Hardy said...

Thank you, Christina! Hope your revisions went well. Not sure if CL used the title but of course there's the film. (Mind you, when my ed suggested "Where the Heart Is" for my Chile book, I squeaked that there was a TV series of that name... she said it didn't matter!)

Diane - would I? *g*

Michelle - thank you. Very true re titles. My very first M&B shared a title with one by Brenda Novak that came out either the month before or the month after in the US...

Shirley - OK, I admit, it's charged up and in my handbag. But it is my diary and address book and... ahem. :o)