Monday, June 02, 2008

back to routine

Current work: Mod Heat duo book 1
Listening to: Pink Floyd, Dark Side of the Moon
Reading: various nonfiction (research)

Although I love my family dearly, I am so glad to be back in routine today. Will be so nice to work in peace and quiet.

Went to see the new Indiana Jones film on Friday. Although there were a couple of paces where it could’ve been cut for pace, on the whole it was excellent and I didn’t look at my watch until ¾ of the way through, which is always a good sign. Some excellent trailers, too – we’ll be going to see Prince Caspian and the new Brendan Fraser museum. DH doesn’t seem as averse to Kung Fu Panda as I am (sorry, am just bored with a certain actor playing the same role over and over again) so methinks that might be a negotiation point in the hols for a research day.

Spent most of the weekend working on nonfiction. Have a couple more ideas buzzing…

Today: plan is to work on fiction. In peace and quiet. It was flowing nicely before Lincoln, but then revisions and half term got in the way. So I think I’m going to work on this in a slightly different way to kickstart it again: in draft, which is basically expanding my outline and just getting the bones on paper. I’ll add in the speech marks and layer in emotions and details afterwards.

3 comments:

Michelle Styles said...

Ah yes, the trailer for Kung Fu Panda. We will be giving that one a miss.
Prince Caspian yes. And the new Batman. the Brendan Fraser looked good as well.
I know what you mean about routine. Of course today is my eldest'sfinal set of exams, so I get him at home for awhile...

Melissa Amateis said...

I didn't know Brendan Frasier had a new movie coming out - I'll have to go and see what it is!

We watched Indiana Jones, too. I enjoyed it, but yes, there were some places that I had to fight not to roll my eyes.

Kate Hardy said...

Hope your eldest's exams went well, Michelle.

Melissa - it's the new Mummy film - name escapes me but it's set in either China or Japan. The trailer's good.