Current work: Modern Heat duo book 1
Listening to: Colin Blunstone, Ennismore
Reading: not – am busy trying to write and smacking my head on my desk
Good things about today:
1. My ed has given me the green light for book 2 of the duo
2. My ed likes my Dear Reader letter for The Children’s Doctor’s Special Proposal
3. My ed has given me an extension on my deadline
Bad things about today:
1. I still have a sick child at home (this is the reason for the extension – arrgh, one bug after another)
2. Said child has given man flu to DH (he has been stupid and gone into work armed with Lemsips, and spreading his germs… sigh. Take as read the rant about stupid men)
3. Said child has given me her sore throat (very bad – I’m doing a talk at the RNA conference in 2 weeks. Arrgh)
Very bad things about today:
1. Sainsburys’ computer system crashed so they lost my order and did not deliver my groceries this morning
2. Because they’re so busy, they didn’t tell me that they’re not turning up and they’re not rescheduling (I had to ring to find out what was going on – they did eventually ring me and I did feel rather sorry for the poor lad charged with the task of having to soothe ruffled feathers)
3. I do my weekly shop on a Wednesday so my fridge is empty (and my throat isn’t going to handle cheese on toast for lunch… guess it’s going to be an omelette, then).
4. I can’t get the shopping myself this morning because of sick child… which means DH is going to get it tonight. His approach to my list is ‘we don’t need this, we don’t need that’ (along with adding things that we don’t need or I normally refuse to buy, for example on the grounds that fizzy drinks are junk and taste disgusting anyway – this is why I dilute proper fruit juice with carbonated water for the kids) so – oh, actually, I’ll wait for him to come home and then do it myself. Even though it means wasting loads of time in rush-hour traffic, at least I’ll get what I want. (The alternative is letting him do it and moaning at him for not getting what I asked for – he’s particularly bad with yoghurts, deciding he’ll be helpful and buy the ‘diet’ ones stuffed with additives and gelatine which are ‘on special offer’ instead of the nice organic ones I like. And then I’ll have to go and get the stuff I wanted)
Very, very bad things about today:
1. The ants are back. In my kitchen.
2. DH has put my ant bait house thingies in a ‘safe place’ (cue rant re stupid men)
I’m beginning to think that there is a conspiracy trying to stop me writing this book.
There is however one important stock in my fridge that was replenished this weekend… Guess what it is, and I’ll put you in a draw for a signed copy of my new book, The Spanish Doctor’s Love Child - the one with the lovely cover on the lefthand sidebar. (Will do the draw on Friday lunchtime - UK time.)
Right. Enough moaning. Go and see Julie Cohen and tell her how pretty her new blog is.