Friday, September 07, 2007

Where did the week go?


Current work: Med revisions/finalising outline for archaeologist book
Listening to: Sor, progressive guitar studies
Reading: Cheryl Reavis, Blackberry Winter

How is it Friday already? It’s been a hyper-short week as I had both children home on Monday and eldest home on Tuesday. But even so it’s thrown me. I’m not quite back into routine yet.

Finished Blackberry Winter last night. Good read – enjoyed it, but it was a bit close to the bone for me. I knew this within the first few pages of reading it, and it’s probably a good sign that I didn’t put it down and back away.

Yesterday:
· Finished project management job bar a couple of author queries
· Did the proofs for Sold to the Highest Bidder
· Organised my thoughts on the Med revisions
· Started the Modern Heat novel (must remember new series name)

Today: must sort some post. Onward with revisions. And leaving you with the thought that archaeologists are sexy. My heroes are the “thinking woman’s crumpet” (ahem) – in other words, what does it for me. So I’m suggesting Michael Wood. (OK, he’s not strictly an archaeologist, but his postgrad historical research is in a period which really interests me literature-wise - Anglo Saxon. If he read certain bits of The Exeter Book to me, I’d go VERY weak at the knees.)


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel just the same way about the week, Kate. Surely it should only be Wednesday and I should have two more days to make a proper start on some work?

I'm looking forward to the archaeologist-- your heroes tend to have a quiet persuasiveness about them which is VERY sexy. (If yours are 'the thinking woman's crumpet' think mine must be 'the drinking woman's crumpet'...)

Michelle Styles said...

The way your tags came out made me laugh --Michael Wood sold the the higest bidder.
And he does have a lovely voice. And he is on the BBC tonight...sigh.

But where indeed has the week gone. It was supposed to be longer. I demand that it be longer, I still have work to do.

Michelle Styles said...

Should be Michael Wood sold to the highest bidder.

Is your archelogist going to be up for auction?

Oh and Modern Heat sounds good.

Kate Hardy said...

India, are you calling yourself a lush? *g*

Michelle - LOL! No, he's not going to be auctioned. (But he does have a gorgeous voice like our Michael.)

Thanks for the Kate Rusby recommendation. I listened a bit on YouTube. Definitely sold.