Friday, September 21, 2007

off to London

Not much to say right now apart from the fact I have a title for the new Med – The Spanish Consultant’s Love-Child – and it’s out in August next year.

Plan for today (and apologies for namedropping): work on train; meet Michelle Styles and Donna Alward for coffee; lunch with lots of M&B authors at the RAF Club in Piccadilly; go for coffee with Sarah Morgan, Nicola Cornick and Carol Marinelli (possibly also Caroline Anderson as we had a good chat business discussion yesterday morning); champagne reception in the library at the Oriental Club in Stratford Place (where I get to see my editors); meet two oldest friends from Uni for dinner… Yeah, it’s going to be good.

And I will be wearing a skirt, high heels and make-up. It’s only once a year I get to play glam author. Most of the time I’m… um… I think the word is ‘comfortable’.

Will report back on Sunday. And repeat after me: archaeologists are sexy…



5 comments:

Nell Dixon said...

Have a great time.

Anonymous said...

Oh Kate - have a fab time.
Just think this time last year... can't believe its been 12 months
:-(
Don't let Carol talk you into the red wine - she's a VERY bad influence ;-)

And I want pictures. Lots of pictures.

Jen Black said...

Ditto to the previous comments, and thank you for the recent pics but I have to ask - what's all this about sexy archaeologists????
Just as long as you don't include Neil Oliver!
Jen

Jan Jones said...

And what's wrong with Neil Oliver??? i could listen to him all day.

Kate Hardy said...

Thanks, Nell - I did. :o)

Amy - I know, a whole year ago! Still, it's not going to be that long. (Lots of pics forthcoming.)

Jen - it's the hero of my new book. (I like Neil's voice but... no, the look doesn't fit the one I have in mind.)

Jan - LOL. And thank you SO much for the pic.