Friday, September 14, 2007

and more excellent news

Current work: REALLY Meds revisions OR ELSE
Listening to: Kate Rusby, Awkward Annie
Reading: various nonfiction

Excellent news from my publisher yesterday: How To Research Local History is going into a second edition. And it’s only been out a year.

That’s two really nice pieces of news this week (and what a sea change from last week). Wonder what the third is going to be?

Oh yes – and I did buy the book. (CD is NOT the same. And it wasn't that expensive.) Had a lovely chat with the bookshop owner (who was born in Norfolk), and I’ve bookmarked their site so I’ll browse there as well as ABE in future. We had what he called 'a bit of a JR Hartley moment' when he asked me if the city had changed much - because I recommended looking through Norwich: Street by Street by a certain P. Brooks… :o)

And today I really, really am going to do my revisions (I, um, got sidetracked by some research yesterday – am very chilled now so will do a better job on said revisions). And on the subject of revisions, I’m going to leave you with a very funny sketch from Mitchell & Webb on YouTube, passed to me by a friend this morning. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zo1XFz0kac0 (Thank you, Michelle.)

Plan for today – really, REALLY do those revisions. (Buy Minstrels on the way home as bribe.) Then we’re over to see DH’s brother this evening. Work tomorrow… and then Sunday might be a research trip to Thetford Priory. (DH actually offered. Can’t pass up on that, can I? Especially if the sun is shining...)

4 comments:

Jen Black said...

Congrats on the second edition of the local history book, Kate

Jen

Barbara Hannay said...

I'm in total awe that you write non fiction AND six lovely romances a year, Kate.
Loved the U tube. It sounds like what goes on in my head far too often.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate - that U tube piece sure did the rounds quickly. I've been sent it several times over the last few days.
But OMG - sooooo funny.

Kate Hardy said...

Thanks, Jen.

Barb - you're getting a heroine to fall in love with a pebble? *g*

Amy - isn't it just?