Tuesday, September 25, 2007

London, Part Three (aka London Part One revisited)

Current work: Modern Heat c1/PM work
Listening to: Xue-Fei Yang, Romance de Amor
Reading: I will start Jane’s book tonight … (not caught up on my sleep from London yet)

I have some more pics I thought I’d share. Firstly, here are Kate Walker and Mary Nichols respectively receiving their pins from Karin (courtesy of lovely Jan Jones).



And here is one where the photographer said, ‘Get ’em out, girls…’ Interesting that the first reaction of the two female subjects was to thrust their chests out. (Then again, Kate Walker has coined the phrase ‘a cleavage of Romantic Novelists’… and they do say if you've got it, flaunt it… ) So here are the two Kates plus Mr Kate W (aka Steve Wade, the Babe Magnet and my shelfmate at Breedon – I’m following his lead with Heroes, Victims and Villains of Norwich next year). Thanks to my mate Trish Wylie for the pic:


And finally… I ought to post a proper close-up of my lovely pin. It’s silver with a ruby, and I shall be so proud to wear it next month to a meeting with my agent and my lovely ed. I'm so thrilled with this. And even more thrilled to think that readers out there have enjoyed my books enough to want 25 of them. Thank you very much to all the readers who've brought me to where I am today.


Tomorrow I will catch up with the rest of the weekend. For now, I have the school run, a guitar lesson and work.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great close up of the pin Kate.
It was nice ot see the other Kate's hubby in the pic. My dh and him had quite a long chat at Brooks's last year. He's such a darling.

Unknown said...

I'd been about to ask for a picture of the pin. It looks beautiful. And how nice to have something to stick in the turkeys!

Kate Hardy said...

Amy - isn't he just lovely? We always talk history and poor Kate can never get a word in edgeways :o)

Shirley - it's even better in real life...