Wednesday, July 27, 2011

some gorgeous music

Current work: Rome Riva
Listening to: various stuff on the iPod (thank you, lovely husband)
Reading: Sarah Mayberry, Her Best Friend (enjoying this)

I’m trying very, very hard to be good with email and what have you during the school holidaysm when work time is so limited. But I couldn’t resist emailing my mate India Grey yesterday to squeak about being in an anthology with her.

India and I normally end up talking music (she was the one who introduced me to Muse, with ‘Butterflies and Hurricanes’), and yesterday was no exception: she introduced me to Scala. And y’know, music is so useful for evoking a mood when working. So I did a little bit of research on YouTube, and I came across a song that I’ve used before as a Black Moment Song and this is a gorgeous version. Love the piano as well.

So today I’m sharing Damien Rice’s The Blower’s Daughter, as sung by Scala. Beautiful. (Am v tempted to ask lovely ed if I can do a choir book. Though I think she’ll give me the ‘lose the reindeer’ look…)

Click and enjoy.

http://youtu.be/eFYYkNacjaw

No comments: