Wednesday, March 16, 2011

springing

Current work: new Riva
Listening to: Keith Urban
Reading: Julia Williams, The Bridesmaid Pact (finished and enjoyed very much)

You thought this was going to be another piccy of my dog, didn’t you? (He’s a snoozy Springer right now rather than a springing one.) No, it’s just that I’ve noticed the hedgerows are starting to green up (except for the blackthorn, which is gloriously white), and there’s a nice splash of colour in the back garden, viz. the forsythia – so spring is definitely on the way.



I did have a lot of bulbs in the front garden (with some truly gorgeous tulips – the frilly ones), but sadly that particular border went when we had the extension built. I had plans to put bulbs around the foot of the trees in the front garden to make up for it, but DH decided he wanted a laurel hedge, so it’s probably going to be too shady. (Or is it? Must look up chinodoxia.)

Ha, this is proof that I’m definitely middle-aged: I’m hankering to go to the garden centre. (The fancy dress place – where I need to go with daughter tonight on the way home from school, to sort out a costume for Tudor day next week – happens to be opposite the garden centre… How bad can I be?)

No comments: