Wednesday, May 19, 2010

bright-eyed and waggy-tailed

Current work: medical continuity
Listening to: Bach
Reading: next on TBR

Byron is back to being waggy-tailed and springy today. He was very sorry for himself last night but I think he enjoyed the TLC of being hand-fed small pieces of salmon (well, hey, he needed soft, light food – so of course I was going to spoil him). Getting him to take the antibiotics this morning was surprisingly easy; just wrapped some chicken round it, and it was gone. He needs to go back to the nurse for a check-up on Friday, but he’s definitely feeling better and I’m much happier. I’m surprised at how quickly his teeth went from being OK at the last booster/checkup to needing removal this time round; it’s not as if we sit there feeding him sugary stuff. He does get bits of cold meat, poultry or fish from my plate, I admit, but nothing with salt or what have you. The main thing is that he’s fine. All is definitely better with the world when you have a dog by your side.

I swapped yesterday round as I knew I wouldn’t be able to concentrate on anything, so it’s guitar today plus visiting Dad. Hopefully his confusion won’t be so bad today. And, if he knows who I am today, it’ll be a bonus.

4 comments:

Jan Jones said...

Glad Byron is well again. You feel so responsible, don't you?

Look after yourself.

Caroline said...

Glad Byron is well and back to normal. Caroline

Diane said...

Glad he's doing well. Roly had ALL of his teeth out, apart from 2 at the very front.

Lacey Devlin said...

Yay to Byron being back! I bet he's so glad to be home again.