Thursday, October 01, 2009

Happy October

Current work: Modern Heat
Listening to: Sheryl Crow
Reading: next on TBR (too dopey and full of cold to read)


Happy October; and may it be a lovely month for you.

I think the bowls in the pic might be chocolate mousse, which means my name is therefore in cream. Tres cool, though in real life I would politely refuse the pudding. A teensy bit too rich for me. And yes, I'm aware that it's weird that I love puddings and chocolate but loathe chocolate puddings. (Unless it's white chocolate - which isn't really chocolate at all, so QED.)

My dear children have given me their cold, so I feel dopey today and as if my head is full of cotton wool. A day for paracetamol and hot lemon, methinks. I also have mint and eucalyptus tea, which might help to clear my head - if I can face it. Mint tea, I like. Particularly the one with a bit of cinnamon in. But I'm having big doubts about the camomile, nettle and eucalyptus varieties. Perhaps I should've stuck to buying a box of plain or cimmamon and mint tea...

Having said that, the giving-up-caffeine lark is going quite well so far. I even have decaf Earl Grey. (When I’ve finished my current box, and I like my tea so weak that I think I’m getting more bergamot than caffeine or tannin in my cup. However. I’m playing by the rules.) Until the children's cold zapped me today, my energy levels were definitely improving.

Righty. Now to convince my head that we're in France and I can smell lavender, instead of having a blocked nose...

4 comments:

Caroline said...

Get well soon Kate! Take care. Caroline x

Lacey Devlin said...

How very generous of them to give you their cold :P Get well!

Kate Hardy said...

Caroline - thanks :o)

Kate Hardy said...

Lacey - that's what I thought... *g* Thanks. Am on hot lemon and paracetamol, so that should sort it out.