Friday, October 23, 2009

Yeah!

Current work: Modern Heat
Listening to: Def Leppard, Yeah!
Reading: next on TBR

Celebrating today with a rather good covers album (the title of which is today’s post title, including the screamer). DH bought me this as – wait for it – the diet is actually working. He’s being brilliantly supportive and buying me a non-food treat for every 14lbs off. (Monday’s weigh-in was actually 13.5 lbs and he made me wait until the next 0.5lb came off before he ordered it. I can see it disappearing into his car, though, as there’s a Badfinger cover.)

Favourite track? Definitely Waterloo Sunset. Joe’s voice sounds just lovely. I have the original on vinyl, but this is a really excellent cover. (You can listen to it here on Youtube.)

Bit that surprised me? 10538 Overture. I never really listened to much ELO (apart from the obvious, ‘Mr Blue Sky’, which was played just about everywhere when I was 12), so this was a new song to me – and at first I was waiting for Joe to start singing Weller’s ‘Changing Man’. Absolutely identical opening. But where are the credits to Lynne and Wood on Stanley Road? Tut, tut, Monsieur Weller. And considering that Radiohead were sued for the chord progression in ‘Creep’ (which I still don’t think sounds like ‘The Air that I Breathe’)… Hmm.

Could go into a rant here about plagiarism but won’t, as I’m in a good mood because of said diet. (If anyone reading this suffers from similar difficulties in losing weight, it’s the Zoe Harcombe diet. Easy to stick to, no cravings or misery, and fits in with what the rest of the family eats – plus it’s ‘real food’ so it’s a cook’s dream. The five-day ‘phase one’ (which helps kick a few bad habits, e.g. caffeine) is here – this was the bit used in She magazine. I borrowed the books from the library – interesting reading but could’ve done with a wee bit more editing to take out the repetition and the muddle.)

And, as it’s a glorious autumn day, I’m leaving you with a pic from today’s school run – the last morning run of this half term (where does the time go?). This is Costessey Weir. The other side of the river (i.e. to the right of what you see here) contains a field of cows, who were grazing in the mist this morning; sadly, couldn’t take a pic of them as this was the only safe place to stop.

10 comments:

Diane said...

Whoo-hoo! <--- Deserved screamer. Well done on the weight loss. :o) Copy the CD and let *that* go in the car.

Caroline said...

Wow. Well done with the dieting Kate. Take care. Caroline x

Jan Jones said...

Oh, wow, GO YOU!!!!!

linda margaret said...

Kate;

Awesome. Well deserved treat. I will root for your continued success.

Linda

Anonymous said...

Wow I am mega impressed at your weight loss and have already downloaded the eating plan.

This is probably not the best time for me to become addicted to the new GU naughties - millionaire mini flapjacks and chocolate rolls LOL.

http://www.gupuds.com/our-puds/nibbles-and-naughties/naughty-millionaires-flapjacks

I clearly need help!

Kate Hardy said...

Diane - thank you. (And I have.)

Kate Hardy said...

Caroline - thanks. Still a long, long way to go, but it's finally shifting.

Kate Hardy said...

Jan - thanks!

Kate Hardy said...

Linda - thanks. I am determined to get my BMI down to 25, this time.

Kate Hardy said...

Nina - LOL, no, it isn't! That plan is only for the first five days: after that you can add things back in.