Friday, October 16, 2009

Florence, redux

Current work: Modern Heat (and ministering to son, who has a bug)
Listening to: not (am listening out for sounds of throwing up, aka mopping of face needed)
Reading: Kate Walker, Kept for Her Baby (another of Kate’s trademark emotional reads – full of passion and depth)

It really is Lurgy Central around here. I’ve had DH off for two days with a gastric bug (stupid man has gone back to work today, even though he's not really well enough - which means he'll be sick all weekend, sigh); and then school rang this morning asking me to to collect son as he’s thrown up everywhere. Take washing up bowl with me just in case (luckily not needed), pick him up, send him upstairs to change into PJs while I cover sofa with sheet and then bring down pile of pillows and the fleecy blanket, install him in front of a film he likes with said bowl and a glass of cool water for sipping, and keep sound on so can hear if he needs me.

And yes, I still have my evil cough (throat semi-sore but from coughing, not lurgy).

This lot has 11 days to be gone (and daughter absolutely can NOT pick up any of the lurgies in the meantime - we both need to be fit for London).

And I have 7 days until deadline.

Am so glad am female, so can multi-task...

12 comments:

Diane said...

I wouldn't. I'd give in and go to bed. If you can't beat them, join them.

Seriously, though, I hope Gerry and Chris recover soon and that Chloe doesn't get it at all - and that you're hale and hearty for London.

Good luck.

Miss Bougie said...

Gosh, sounds like your house is so not a place to be right at this moment.
Hope you all get better soon. Probably will too, as bug will have run its course. Unless the dog will get it too...
Hopefully little Miss will weave her way unscathed through it.

Hugs to all of you (on second thought, maybe not)
Sending you a big cyber hug instead.

Caroline said...

(((Group Hugs))) all round I think. Hope everybody gets better soon. Take care. Caroline x

Jan Jones said...

Oh dear, Kate. Big comforting wafts of sympathy from me too.

Lacey Devlin said...

Why do they do that? Go to work when they're sick? Men!

I'm with Diane! :D

Liz Fielding said...

What a croc, Kate. I hope you're all back, bright eyed and bushy-tailed in time to enjoy your break.

Sending loads of healing cyber thoughts.

Kate Hardy said...

Diane - um, sadly, Chloe did. (But we will be fine for London.)

Kate Hardy said...

Brigitte - absolutely! Reeks of disinfectant. Sadly, littlest did get it, and threw up spectacularly (over her dad!).

Kate Hardy said...

Caroline - thanks. They're on the mend.

Kate Hardy said...

Lacey - yeah, men. He lasted half a day. Still isn't right, but will he listen to me? Noooo. (Men.)

Kate Hardy said...

Liz - thanks. I think we'll be fine for London, and I'm glad it was this weekend rather than next.

DH is currently gloating about his weight loss. Er, honey, that's fluid and you're dehydrated. (Didn't stop him snacking, though.)

Kate Hardy said...

Jan - thanks :o)