Wednesday, October 07, 2009

lurgy and blogging elsewhere

Current work: Modern Heat
Listening to: Satie
Reading: Liz Fielding, Christmas Angel for the Billionaire (fantastic read – as Liz’s books always are – with beautifully rounded characters, a believable plot, wonderful secondaries and a well deserved happy ending. Made me well up in a couple of places – the way she describes the week before Christmas for her heroine is just how I feel about it – and made me laugh out loud in others because her humour is spot on: warm, witty and like having a big hug.)

Lurgy - picture me yesterday, freezing cold so I had a fleecy blanket wrapped round me at my desk… and my head was a furnace, despite paracetamol. Sigh. It will go, eventually.

But it also means I’m not writing a proper blog today. Instead, there’s one I wrote earlier (scheduled for today) over at the Pink Heart Society, about productivity. This week, it hasn’t worked out that way (because I have the lurgy), but otherwise… definite advice to writers. Find your timesuck and a way round it!

Oh, and still on the lurgy – thanks to mpe for an utterly brilliant pastiche of Keats (the one I was waffling about doing on Monday but didn’t have the energy to follow through). Made me smile through my sneezes!

5 comments:

Jan Jones said...

(((hugs))) again. Am I the only one who thinks you should LOOK AFTER YOURSELF MORE!!!!!

Caroline said...

((((hugs))) Kate. You seemed to have got a right dose of the lurgy this time round! Hope it starts to clear up soon! BTW your blog post over at PHS is awesome! I've put something up on my blog site today about my writing - but it ain't anything like your output *sigh*. Take care. Caroline x

Sheila Norton said...

Hope you soon feel better, Kate - there are some nasty viruses around. Always the same at this time of year when summer has finally said goodbye (sigh). And I'm sure Jan is right - you might need a little R & R! xx

Lacey Devlin said...

Loved, loved, loved your Pink Heart blog. Loved it! Are you scared yet? Lo-oved it!

Feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

*blushes* Thank you very much indeed - I'm glad it cheered you up!

On productivity, I think there's also such a thing as one's natural speed (which may vary according to circumstances). I've noticed that even in good health and with optimal writing time available, I can't average much more than 3K a week on any given project, but I can easily do 10K a week total. It just takes a certain amount of time for my ideas to "grow".

FWIW...

mpe