Thursday, October 08, 2009

dogs and dogwood

Current work: Modern Heat
Listening to: Satie
Reading: next on TBR

Yes! My temperature is almost normal! And I have some of my bounce back. (Have at thee, foul lurgy. I shall banish thee with peppermint tea.) Many thanks to everyone who's been sympathetic over the last few days.

Today’s one of these glorious autumn days, when the sun is shining and there’s a bit of a nip in the air. We saw an amazing contrail this morning on the way to school, almost in the shape of a question mark (with the moon sitting smack in the middle of the curved area): sadly, my camera was on my desk. Note to self: put it back in Radley’s care. Second note to self: time to change over bags as it’s autumn and time for Radley in his sports car.

Here are two autumnal pictures to make up for my remissness over the contrail. Firstly, the dogwood at the bottom of the garden, which always looks fabulous at this time of year. (I love the deep, rich ruby of the leaves.)

Secondly, my partner in crime (ha, actually caught him napping – normally, he wakes up when the camera switches on and gives me a look as if to say, no WAY are you putting an undignified pic of me on the net. Note to dog: too late, AND I've got one of you on the sofa, lying on your back). He thinks this is what people should do in autumn (preferably in a nice sunny spot). Yes, dog, great idea: sadly, I have a deadline and things to do...

3 comments:

Michelle Styles said...

It is a cute photo of Byron.
So glad you are better.

Jan Jones said...

I have pics of my cats lying on their backs too. One day I shall publish them. Mwa ha ha.

Glad you're better, hon.

Liz Fielding said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better, Kate. Love the pic of Byron.