Tuesday, March 04, 2008

…the tough go shopping

Current work: revisions
Listening to: Katie Melua
Reading: next up on my TBR pile

Daughter did the ‘Mummy, I don’t feel well…’ bit yesterday morning, but when I found her giggling in the kitchen while her brother was getting her a glass of milk, I sent her back upstairs to change into her school clothes. Which meant a day of work. Good.

Bit hard to settle, though. Son is back from his trip tomorrow. But it feels weird, weird, weird without him around. So I had a mini-CD bender to cheer myself up. (Birthday money – the stuff that’s meant to be going towards my painting, but I’ll sort that when I have time to look through galleries in Holt or what have you.) Bought Sheryl Crow’s new one and the new one by Kathryn Williams and Neill MacColl. When I’d ordered the CDs Amazon gave me a recommendation; for once, I followed it through to YouTube. Wow. If you like Kate Rusby/Kathryn Williams/folk with a bit of an edge, try Karine Polwart. Gorgeous voice. HOW has she slipped under my radar? Her new album comes out next week and another (with a song I REALLY like on it) is also being re-released, so they’re in the bag.

Correction. While writing this and looking up a couple of things on the net (hey, I always do two things at once – and I was going to book my ticket to see Kathryn Williams next month), I’ve just discovered she’s at the Arts Centre next Tuesday. It’s a shame that none of my friends who like this kind of music live locally, so I’ll be going on me tod. And I’ll buy the CDs on the night.

Oh, and the song I like so much? This could be my theme tune. Enjoy.

No comments: