Wednesday, February 09, 2011

quiet

Current work: wrestling with outline
Listening to: Corelli
Reading: Jillian Michaels, Winning by Losing (very interesting)

My dad would’ve been 76 today. So I’m toddling off to the cemetery this morning to put flowers on his grave, then going over the road to the churchyard to put flowers on my mum’s grave. It’s going to be an odd sort of day. Certainly not the usual one that would involve a nice lunch and a birthday cake. A day, I think, of quiet reflection.

3 comments:

Morton S Gray said...

Hi Kate,
My Dad died in 1989 at age 58. I can still cry easily when I miss him. I take comfort from all the things he taught me, endowed in me through his genes and the fact that his death caused me to rethink my life. Hugs. Mx

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate
Have a peaceful day of refelction.
I'm interested to see you are reading Jillian Michael's book. I'm doing the 30 Day Shred DVD every day and it's a brilliant time-efficient workout.
Thanks
Sarah

Kate Hardy said...

Morton - hugs back at you.

Sarah - thank you. The book was an early birthday pressie and it's fascinating reading. The friend who bought it for me also swears by Shred. I think I just need a little push :o)