Friday, February 11, 2011

new cover, thank you and some great news

Current work: not today – start of weekend off (yes, really)
Listening to: Teddy Thompson (surprise pressie from DH)
Reading: next on TBR

Thrilled to see my new cover at last on Amazon. So here’s my first UK release this year: The Fireman and Nurse Loveday, out in April. It’s part of the St Piran’s series, which follows on from Penhally. And yes, I get to have a spaniel in it :o) I think my ed put a dog in my story because she knew that, if she didn't, I'd sneak one in there anyway!


As for the thanks - it’s a tricky birthday this year as it’s the first one without Dad, and Sunday is going to feel very strange because the focus of our joint party is usually on him rather than on me - this year doesn't feel right. So a special thank you to everyone who’s spoiled me today (including daughter playing 'Happy Birthday to You' on the guitar - she's been practising it for days on the quiet until she was note perfect), and who also understand why I’m keeping it a bit understated this year.

Great news? The RNA Pure Passion shortlists are out now. I have friends on several of the lists, so I’m chuffed to bits for them. Go over to the RNA blog for the full listings. And many congrats to all the shortlistees :o)

6 comments:

Caroline said...

Gorgeous cover Kate! A fireman and a nurse - makes for a great combination IMHO - can't wait to read it! Caroline x

Joanne Coles said...

Happy birthday!

And am looking forward immensely to reading your newest book, should be arriving next week in my sub pack :-)

Heidi Rice said...

Will be thinking of you on your birthday Pam. And your daughter's a star!

X

Romance, Rumours and Rogues said...

Oooh...very nice fireman!

And hugs on your birthday x

Jan Jones said...

Happy Birthday, Kate. And how fab of your daughter!

Kate Hardy said...

Thanks, all :o)