Monday, February 09, 2009

The sexiest thing on two legs

Current work: playing with the opening of the new Medical
Listening to: not, as I’m spending today on the train
Reading: Amy Andrews, Dr Romano’s Baby (enjoyed this very much) and Alison Roberts, The Italian Surgeon Claims His Bride (brilliant characterisation – especially the awful grandmother)

The RNA’s annual poll is out, and I was delighted to get the email from our lovely PR officer, Liz Bailey. So here it is…

British actor Richard Armitage has leapt from last year’s 4th place to this year topping the ratings in the Romantic Novelists’ Association 2009 Valentine’s poll, to take the title of Sexiest Thing on Two Legs, beating top Hollywood stars to the number one spot.

Johnny Depp, who topped last year’s poll, was pushed firmly into second place, with Hugh Jackman and George Clooney mere also-rans. “Richard Armitage took 20% of the vote, more than double the count of any other male on the list,” said the RNA pollster. “He was a clear winner from the off.”

(Yup. Works for me. And I'd agree with most of the rest of the list, too...)

1 Richard Armitage
2 Johnny Depp
3 Hugh Jackman
4 George Clooney
5 Daniel Craig
6 Sean Bean
7 Alan Rickman
8 David Tennant
9 Pierce Brosnan
10 Gerard Butler

Of course, there’s one person missing there for me. Want to know who? Go and have a look at the Pink Heart Society and you’ll find out…

I’ll be back on Wednesday with a full report of the RNA Awards Lunch. In the meantime, have a nice week. I have a train to catch this morning, followed by a leisurely wander round the Wellcome museum (the Hunterian is closed on Mondays). I was going to do the navy blue nail polish, but as it chipped really badly within half an hour (and that was with a basecoat, two coats of the stuff and a topcoat – so I won’t ever be buying that brand again), I’m ditching it in favour of an old faithful...

Thanks to everyone who's emailed to wish me luck, or sent me a hug re Friday. Appreciated.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree! Richard Armitage is the sexiest thing on two legs and he should have gone for the role of Dr Who, too! He would have made an excellent timelord, and I'd assist him anytime!

Melissa Amateis said...

I am SO glad to see Daniel Craig on that list!

Liz Fielding said...

News, news! I'm desperate for news!

Kate Hardy said...

Nicolette - what a great idea! RA as Dr Who...

Kate Hardy said...

Melissa - yup. I would've liked to see Antonio there, too.

Kate Hardy said...

Liz - I know, I took AGES to post - sorry!