Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine’s Day

Current work: (customising new PC)
Listening to: Jason Mraz (thank you, Sarah)
Reading: next on TBR pile

Wishing everyone a happy Valentine’s day, whatever you’re doing.

I’m spending the day – at least, this morning – trying to get used to the new PC. It’s definitely faster. But it doesn’t like my camera software, it doesn’t like my old Corel Printhouse software, and I think it’s going to take me a little while to get used to Word 2007. Worst of all, Excel refuses to open my Lotus 123 files, so I’m going to have to do some fiddling about... because I can’t find my 123 disks. Actually, I have a nasty feeling this is going to be a print-and-rekey job. Also can’t load Dragon to see if it likes this PC, as my headset with microphone is kaput (thank you, DH and Son).

I still think Lotus is better than Microsoft. Organizer was much more intuitive. However. Will stop moaning, because I do at least have a soundcard that works. And I had a lovely day yesterday, spoiled by Jo and Sarah. And I'm out to dinner with DH and the kids tonight. So. I'm happy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try 'Lotus Symphony' which is an open source program designed to work with all major office suites.

Lotus Symphony is based on the same coding as the excellent 'Open Office' suite. Both are free to download.

Kate Hardy said...

Dear Anon - thank you very much. I might well give it a go next week (if it saves me all that rekeying, I will be delighted).