Tuesday, October 05, 2010

blessed

Current work: Capri medical romance
Listening to: Corelli
Reading: next on TBR

Having a bit of a rocky patch right now (not talking about it yet, but I might do next month when I’ve bounced back a bit) and I have to say I’m really blessed with my family and friends. Daughter made me play “Just Dance” on the Wii with her for half an hour (which was fun – bit hard to be in the doldrums when you’re pretending to be a surfer to the Beach Boys or a boxer to “Eye of the Tiger”), son gave me a big hug (note, he picked up on my mood, and that’s pretty damn good for an Aspie – actually, that in itself nearly set me bawling), and DH made me sit with him in the evening to watch some comedy. (And he didn’t snack in front of me – possibly because I threatened to make him drink the vegetable juice if he did!) And my mates were just brilliant. I will share some wisdom in a few weeks’ time, when this book is off my desk and I’m in a better place than I am right now.

Anyway, thank you, the lot of you. You’re really appreciated.

9 comments:

Nicolettehh said...

Aww, Kate. My youngest has Asperger's and I so feel what you you said about them picking up on our moods. There have been many times I've been bawling my eyes out and Jack has been blindly oblivious to it, but then there are times when he might come up to me and say "Are you sad?"
Gets you right there...(thumps heart)
Anyway, just wanted to say I can empathise with you and hope that things get better for you. All the best xx

Bluestocking Mum said...

How good at times like these that you can take comfort from the people you love.

You are blessed indeed Kate.

Big hug to you too. Be kind to yourself. Take lots of time out doing what you like to do with the people that matter.

xx

Anonymous said...

Big hugs. And you so are right about family and friends. without them we writers would probably be walking the streets muttering to the imaginary people who live inside our heads and barking at the moon. Take care. :-)

Caroline said...

(((HUGS))) - Caroline

Scarlet Wilson said...

Thinking about you Kate x

Nell Dixon said...

Hugs

Jan Jones said...

Oh, hon. (((((hugs)))))

Lacey Devlin said...

(((HUGS))) Kate. Take care of yourself x

Liz Hanbury said...

((((hugs)))) Hope you feel better soon, Kate. Take care xx