Current work: Medical
Listening to: Def Leppard and Crowded House
Reading: The Millionaire’s Misbehaving Mistress, Kimberly Lang – fast, fun read
I haven’t done a meme for ages, but Nicola Marsh tagged me as a Kreativ Blogger (thanks for nominating me, Nic … even if the copyed in me is shrieking and desperately wanting to standardise the spelling!). This means I have to tell you seven things about me that you might not know.
Seven things. Um. Shallow as a puddle, me, so everyone already knows about my addiction to music, books, chocolate, ice cream, Radley handbags and Pandora jewellery… I used to write ghost stories – oh, you know about that. And the history stuff. And that I like dogs. And that I have a huge crush on Mr Banderas. And that I’m a bit of a gadget fiend, but not as bad as I was when I worked in electronic marketing and spent as much time as I could with the IT Futures team and the tecchies… Hmm.
OK. Seven things:
1. I’m a bit nervous of wasps (as I had a bad reaction, last time one stung me – when it flew down the neck of my shirt and into my bra. And I was in a lift with a strange man, so I couldn’t exactly shriek and rip my shirt open to let the wasp out…)
2. I wanted to be a fairy, when I was three. (Nowadays, I’d rather be a fairy godmother. I love making dreams come true and putting a bit of sparkle into people’s lives.)
3. I only possess one pair of shoes. (Actually, that’s not strictly true. I have four pairs. But two are evening shoes, one is OK if I’m out for the day but too high to drive in or take the dog for a walk in – which leaves the pair of low-heeled loafers I live in, wear to death, and then buy another pair from good old M&S. I also have a pair of boots and two pairs of trainers. So I guess I'm a scruff at heart.)
4. I considered a career as a lawyer. When I thought about changing careers in my ratrace job, the tests all said that I should be a lawyer or a writer. (Guess which I went with?)
5. I am utterly, utterly hopeless at sport.
6. I am equally hopeless at art. I can’t even draw a straight line with a ruler. Word-picture, yes; actual drawing, ask the nearest five-year-old and you’ll get something better than I can produce.
7. DH proposed to me when we’d been dating for all of two weeks. I think we knew from day one. And here we are, almost 25 years later… (I said yes, but not until (a) I was out of my teens (b) I’d graduated and (c) we’d bought a house – this was in the 1980s, when house prices were going up by £1,000 a week, so getting on the ladder was a teensy bit pressing.)
I have to nominate 7 people to do this. So: Jan Jones, Shirley Wells, Donna Alward, Michelle Styles, India Grey, Liz Fielding, Nina Harrington. Consider yourselves tagged :o)