Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Tagged

Current work: Medical
Listening to: Def Leppard and Crowded House
Reading: The Millionaire’s Misbehaving Mistress, Kimberly Lang – fast, fun read

I haven’t done a meme for ages, but Nicola Marsh tagged me as a Kreativ Blogger (thanks for nominating me, Nic … even if the copyed in me is shrieking and desperately wanting to standardise the spelling!). This means I have to tell you seven things about me that you might not know.

Seven things. Um. Shallow as a puddle, me, so everyone already knows about my addiction to music, books, chocolate, ice cream, Radley handbags and Pandora jewellery… I used to write ghost stories – oh, you know about that. And the history stuff. And that I like dogs. And that I have a huge crush on Mr Banderas. And that I’m a bit of a gadget fiend, but not as bad as I was when I worked in electronic marketing and spent as much time as I could with the IT Futures team and the tecchies… Hmm.

OK. Seven things:

1. I’m a bit nervous of wasps (as I had a bad reaction, last time one stung me – when it flew down the neck of my shirt and into my bra. And I was in a lift with a strange man, so I couldn’t exactly shriek and rip my shirt open to let the wasp out…)

2. I wanted to be a fairy, when I was three. (Nowadays, I’d rather be a fairy godmother. I love making dreams come true and putting a bit of sparkle into people’s lives.)

3. I only possess one pair of shoes. (Actually, that’s not strictly true. I have four pairs. But two are evening shoes, one is OK if I’m out for the day but too high to drive in or take the dog for a walk in – which leaves the pair of low-heeled loafers I live in, wear to death, and then buy another pair from good old M&S. I also have a pair of boots and two pairs of trainers. So I guess I'm a scruff at heart.)

4. I considered a career as a lawyer. When I thought about changing careers in my ratrace job, the tests all said that I should be a lawyer or a writer. (Guess which I went with?)

5. I am utterly, utterly hopeless at sport.

6. I am equally hopeless at art. I can’t even draw a straight line with a ruler. Word-picture, yes; actual drawing, ask the nearest five-year-old and you’ll get something better than I can produce.

7. DH proposed to me when we’d been dating for all of two weeks. I think we knew from day one. And here we are, almost 25 years later… (I said yes, but not until (a) I was out of my teens (b) I’d graduated and (c) we’d bought a house – this was in the 1980s, when house prices were going up by £1,000 a week, so getting on the ladder was a teensy bit pressing.)

I have to nominate 7 people to do this. So: Jan Jones, Shirley Wells, Donna Alward, Michelle Styles, India Grey, Liz Fielding, Nina Harrington. Consider yourselves tagged :o)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooh, I've been tagged. Thanks. :o)

Am with you on the whole shoe thing. I hate buying them and tend to live in the same pair. In fact, I have more walking boots than anything else. I have owned a very posh pair of boots for 5 years. Um, haven't actually worn them yet. ;o)

Kate Walker said...

Now is it just me or does point 1 sound like a great beginning for a romance? Wasp - bra - handsome stranger - ripping open shirt . . .

Kimberly Lang said...

Kate is reading my book. ~preens~

Caroline said...

Great list Kate! Caroline x

Kate Hardy said...

Shirley - AFTER you've done the editing, mind ;)

Kate Hardy said...

Kate - you knew that story anyway *g* - I have done wasp stories (there's one in my July Med) but... yeah, I should use it, shouldn't I?

Kate Hardy said...

Kim - it was great fun. :)

Kate Hardy said...

Caroline - more proof that I'm eccentric, I fear ;)

Lacey Devlin said...

Yay! I'm so glad you did this :) Although I have to say I have some experience having stinging things in my clothes and you're far more restrained than me I would have been running around that lift and I think the strange man would have been too scared to attack me by the end of it.

Career quizzes always seem to give you two completely different ends of the spectrum so that it depends on how serious you're feeling when you get the results ;)

I love that your husband proposed after two weeks. Those are such rare stories and my absolute favourites. I sigh everytime I think of it (its the romance reader in me) :).