Monday, January 11, 2010

Finished! (and blogging elsewhere)

Current work: Medical (‘Emergency Knight’ – just starting – yes, this is the jousting book)
Listening to: Def Leppard, until I’ve decided on this book’s playlist
Reading: Lucy Dillon, Lost Dogs and Lonely Hearts (finished and enjoyed very much, though I did want to know if Chester the Springer got a good home in the end); Julia Williams, Last Christmas (great – she gets better with every book – though again there’s a theme in there that I know is going to be a bit close to the nerve, i.e. parent with dementia)

Am pleased to say that I’ve finished ‘Scents and Sensibility’ (sadly, not a buzzwordy enough title for it to stay, but I enjoyed my terrible pun). I did have kittens yesterday when my internet connection went for six hours (Dear BT: do you think you could possibly admit to problems when they happen, instead of four hours later, to stop people fretting that their computer is the problem when it's actually the network?), but I suppose on a good note that meant I couldn’t obsessively check for snow (thinking of Monday morning school run) and therefore had to focus on rewriting the last two chapters. And then it returned, so I emailed the book post-haste.

Today I’m blogging over at the eHarlequin medical authors’ blog, and also on I Heart Presents (in US time, so that’ll be later today in UK time). Do go over and say hello.

Am also looking forward to seeing my Aussie mate and fellow Meds author Amy Andrews and her family later today, so work today will consist of (a) making cookies, (b) tidying office, and (c) thinking over the plot of my new medical and tweaking it until I’m happy to start work on the actual text tomorrow.

Have a nice day!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on finishing S&S. I love that title - very clever. :o)

Am with you on the ISPs. I've spent hours convinced my computer is on the way out.

Victoria Lamb said...

Well done!

Caroline said...

Congrats on finishing the latest wip! Can't wait to read it. Take care. Caroline x

Jan Jones said...

Well done, Kate. I do like that title!

Lacey Devlin said...

Congratulations on finishing S&S :) Have a great day making cookies!

Kate Hardy said...

Thanks, all :o) Appreciated.