Wednesday, September 26, 2012

50th party blog guest - Nell Dixon

I’ve known Nell Dixon for years through the RNA – we first met at a conference, and I’m absolutely thrilled that my name is right next to hers on the Betty Neels Rosebowl, as she won the RoNA Rose award (as it’s now known) the year before I did… and she’s the only person to have won it twice! We have another spooky coincidence in common (see below), we both love architecture (Nell gets my church-crawling – and that’s a joy to share) and castles, and there’s usually much chatting at an RNA conference…

Anyway, over to Nell:

I'm so thrilled and excited to be here to help Kate celebrate 50 books. I'm a mere baby, lagging behind with 16 but maybe one day I'll catch up!

I've always been a big fan of Kate's writing and we share quite a few things in common, including the birthdate of one of our children. We've also met up a couple of times at RNA conferences which has always been great fun.

To celebrate my own latest milestone I'm offering a free pdf of my latest release Be My Hero. Who's your hero? Kate can draw a name from any commenters under this post and I'll send a copy.

Here's the blurb!

Nathalie Mayer is thirty-four. On the surface she is an attractive, happy, single, successful woman running her own bridal business. Despite her line of work and her obvious delight in other people’s weddings, including that of her twin brother, Nate. Nathalie has always declared that a settled relationship is not for her. There has only ever been one man whom Nathalie felt she could love.

Evan Davies is back in town after a six year absence. Last time he was here, he and Nathalie had tentatively begun to take their friendship to a different level. Now he’s home again and has the reason for his sudden departure from six years ago with him – his daughter, Polly.

You can read an excerpt over on my WEBSITE
and the book is available from Amazon.com AmazonUK or as a Nook book

Love Nell

Romance with Heart
http://www.nelldixon.com

Renovation, Renovation, Renovation - Myrmidon Books
Be My Hero - Astraea Press
Passionate Harvest - E-Scape Press
Loves Me, Loves Me Not - MIRA Publishing
Animal Instincts - Little Black Dress - Love Story of the Year 2010

23 comments:

Christina Courtenay said...

If you mean favourite fictional hero, it has to be Jamie from Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series! Yours sounds great too though!

Patricia Kiyono said...

Robyn Carr writes absolutely delicious heroes in her Virgin River series! And Jack, the hero in the first book, appears in every subsequent story, so I guess he would be my favorite. Congratulations on your new release, Nell!

Catherine Bennett said...

Good morning, Nell! One of my favorite fictional heroes would be Aragorn from The Lord of the Rings. Congratulations on your new release and I must say, the cover is lovely!

Nell Dixon said...

Is it the lure of the kilt, Christina? lol Sounds like a good choice.

Nell Dixon said...

I've never read Robyn Carr, Patty, I'll have to add those to my wish list.

Nell Dixon said...

Hi Catherine, another good choice here. I'm enjoying reading these.

Caridad Pineiro said...

Congratulations on the wonderful accomplishment, Nell. As for who is my hero, I have to say I am torn between my mom and my daughter. My mom risked a great deal to give us a better life. My daughter is taking a risk to follow her dream of owning her own store. They both inspire me to keep on reaching for my dreams.

Tifferz said...

My favorite hero is probably the hero in the book I am reading at that moment. It is so hard to choose. I am so excited about you new release!! Congrats!!!

Cheers,
Tiffany

tifferz19 AT hotmail DOT com

Liz Fielding said...

Gorgeous cover, Nell!

Nell Dixon said...

Hi Caridad, great choices. I think all Mum's are heroes :)

Nell Dixon said...

Hi Tiffany, there are so many good books out there! It's hard to choose.

Nell Dixon said...

Thanks, Liz. Elaina Lee is the cover artist - she's just done the one for the re-release of The Cinderella Substitute which is out Nov 1st and it is absolutely gorgeous.

Sherry Gloag said...

Rouke in Nora Robert's In Death series is a favourite hero of mine.
Best wishes for your new release, Nell.

Paula Martin said...

Ross Poldark is one of my favourites. I'd read all the books before the TV series, and Robin Ellis totally fulfilled all my fantasies about Ross!
Good luck with the new release!

Nell Dixon said...

Another one for me to look out for, Sherry. I've never read any Nora Roberts - never been sure quite where she fits in the genre - are they all suspense?

Nell Dixon said...

Paula, Robin Ellis was fab as Ross Poldark. I loved the books and the series.

Phillipa said...

Hi Nell, Somanyheroes, so little time. I loved Gareth from Jilly Cooper's 'Octavia', also Captain Nathan Stanier from Louise Allen's Piratical Miss Ravershurst and on TV, has to be Sean bean as Richard Sharpe!Congrats to Kate and to you on the new launch.

Anonymous said...

I have reading Stephanie Plum books this month. I just started #17. So, I would have to say Ranger. In a crisis, he would be my man.

Nell Dixon said...

It's so hard to choose isn't it, Phillipa? I'm quite partial to your hero in Miranda's Mount!

Nell Dixon said...

Tammy, I love Stephanie Plum. I love Grandma Mazur and Lula - the between the numbers books are my faves. I'm more Ranger than Morelli too.

bn100 said...

The book sounds good. Nice cover.

Kate OMara said...

There are so many! But my all time favourite that I return to time & again... Winnie the Pooh.

Kate Hardy said...

First name drawn from the hat for ‘Be My Hero’ – Sherry Gloag. Please contact me kate(dot)hardy(at)btinternet(dot)com with your details, and I'll get everything sorted :o) Thanks for taking part!