Saturday, July 24, 2010

FINISHED!

Current work: not – am taking the next 10 days off to recharge batteries etc

So there I was at 4.30 this morning. (It must be so annoying if you’re an owl and you live with a lark. Just as it’s annoying if you’re a lark whose other half is an owl who shuts bedroom windows very sneakily. Cough.) Toddled down to my desk, and tidied up the manuscript. Last readthrough.

And now it is done. (Well, until I get revisions on it.)

But I’m taking time off to recharge my batteries. (There will still be blog posts over the next week, so am not completely deserting my desk… but it’s the summer holidays, no school, and it’s time to chill.

6 comments:

Caroline said...

Yay! On finishing. And Yay! on the 10 day break. You deserve it! Caroline x

Jan Jones said...

Go, super-you!

Now have a PROPER BREAK!

Katie said...

Congrats on finishing. Enjoy your break :-)

Lacey Devlin said...

Wow 4:30! Well we all appreciate it ;). Congrats Kate, can't wait to see it on the shelves. Enjoy your much deserved break.

Cara Cooper said...

Many congratulations Kate. You deserve a rest. I've only just caught up with all the Greenwich blogs and I noticed you were very kindly offering those who missed your talk, a copy of the notes. I'd be so grateful to have those if it's not too much trouble. My e-mail is cara.cooper@rocketmail.com

Kate Hardy said...

Thanks, all - had a WONDERFUL time and will tell all v soon!