Monday, December 15, 2008

for procrastinators

Current work: nonfic and Modern Heat
Listening to: Take That
Reading: Sara Craven, The Santangelis Marriage (enjoyed this one - and the evil grandmother is a stunner of a secondary!)

Fabulous tool here, nicked from the wonderful Kate Harrison, especially for procrastinators. (Like me, at the moment. Won’t work for my nonfic as I need to stop every so often and do a bit of research. But it’s very good for kickstarting fiction.)

As my soundcard isn’t working at the moment (which is probably good because it stops me going onto YouTube to look up stuff – ha, should’ve added that to my article on time management for the RNA magazine, Romance Matters), I can’t hear the evil sound. But it’s still a good tool. (Note to my friend and utter speed merchant Nicola Marsh – Nic, you DO NOT need this. You already write six million words a day.)

As for the weekend: had a fab time. Great dinner out (and I got the expected tearful call at 9.30, bless); spent Saturday writing Christmas cards (I’m horribly late) and wrapping the remainder of pressies; and Sunday was just wonderful, early Christmas with my favourite uncle and aunt (roast beef and trimmings, crackers, and much laughter and game playing) and then Dad and my stepmum coming round for tea (hot buttered crumpets).

Plan for today: probably builders. Definitely a trip to the post office. Book my train ticket for London. Change my heroine’s name (which is why the book doesn’t work – her name is a problem and I think her appearance, too). Get cracking…

Oh yes – and the longlist for the RNA award has been announced – go here to find out more. (I’m cheering on Judith Lennox. I enjoyed ‘After the Storm’ very much, and she’s an autobuy author for me.)

10 comments:

Romance, Rumours and Rogues said...

Uh...excuse me?
Isn't that a case of pots and kettles, fellow speed demon!!!

Michelle Styles said...

Ok ok I surrender.
It is quite good. Have you tried kamikaze mode yet?

Melissa Amateis said...

I am afraid to click on the link since I am procrastinating right now! ;-)

Kate Hardy said...

Nic - probably. ;o)

Kate Hardy said...

Michelle - no, I'm too chicken!

Kate Hardy said...

Melissa - go on, you know you want to...

Laura Essendine said...

What a lovely blog - I've just stumbled upon it but will check back here often to see what you're up to.

Loving Judith Lennox too, especially the earlier novels. After reading The Shadow Child I wrote to her via her publishers and she sent the most wonderful email. Guaranteed fan for life.

I'll be cheering behind you.

Keep writing and blogging

Laura Essendine
Author – The Accidental Guru
The Accidental Guru Blog
The Books Limited Blog

Milly Johnson said...

Well I'm cheering for Milly Johnson because she is really beautiful and fabulous and... okay, it's me. Haven't spoken to you in ages and thanks to my stupid address book crashing I haven't got your direct email addy anymore. Have a wonderful WONDERFUL Christmas and a smashing new year. I know you had a shite start to the year and I was so glad you won in Feb. I absolutely loved the Italian GPs bride - took it on holiday and went looking for him, but alas he stayed hidden. Maybe next year will land a Mediterranean Medical bloke.
Loads of love
Milly xxxx

Kate Hardy said...

Laura - welcome, and lovely to meet another fan of Judith Lennox. (Some Old Lover's Ghost is probably my fave one - fabulous. I met her at an RNA lunch - the one where I first met lovely Jan Jones - and she's such a nice woman.)

Kate Hardy said...

Milly!!! How the HELL did I miss your name off that list?

Anyone else reading this - it's a fab book (see here for my comments when I read it. The mad Scotman is just fab. And the wedding flowers. Oh, just go and buy it and vote for Milly and Judith to tie :o)