Listening to: David Coverdale, Northwinds
Reading: just about to start The Other Boleyn Girl, Philippa Gregory
Did tons of work yesterday, which is pleasing as summer holidays are approaching at rocket pace. Particularly pleased as it involved using several of my Early English Text Society volumes. My Old English needs polishing and I really MUST do something about my Latin, but maybe not this year. Really pleased with my interview in the Eastern Daily Press about me (big headline: ‘The History Woman’ – the kids were thrilled, too). Thanks to Pete Sargent for such a great write-up.
Plan for today:
- admin this morning (I have to tidy my desk because I can’t see it and I can’t work in this much of a mess, especially as my to do list is buried there instead of being stuck on my wall where I can see it and tick it off, and I MUST do my tax form today on pain of… well, penury);
- interview on BBC Radio Norfolk (12 noon GMT, for those interested);
- buy Madam’s goodies for her leavers’ party on Monday;
- check Jarrold’s because new book is probably there (my author copies are on their way but I cannot cannot cannot wait for this one – my ruins and castles book);
- go to Madam’s school for leaving assembly and then our head’s retirement do;
- home to cook dinner;
- transport son to his school leavers’ disco;
- squeeze in some work in between.
Kate Hardy, mistress of the quiet life :o)