Wednesday, May 07, 2008

happy birthday

Current work: MH duo book 1
Listening to: Corelli
Reading: Karen Maitland, Company of Liars (just finished – fabulous ending, really sent shivers down my spine. Thoroughly recommended)

Happy birthday to my dear friend Kate Walker! Please go over to her blog and wish her a lovely day.

Yesterday wasn’t quite as I planned, as son has the lurgy – headache, sore throat, earache. (And I have a sore throat this morning so I’m hitting the Lemsips.) He’s off today, too – and I might keep him off tomorrow to be on the safe side (he has SATs next week so I don’t want him being ill during them.)

I did however manage to do my proofs and finish writing a proposal for my next nonfiction with lovely Halsgrove. And my daily target is still very doable.

3 comments:

Michelle Styles said...

Yes, but you are Scary Kate and your idea of a doable word count rarely matches anyone else's!
Hugs on the lurgy. My youngest was off yesterday -- laid low by a bug.
Just tell your son to breathe and relax. He will know the answers.

Kate Walker said...

Thank you Scary!

And I'm with Michelle on the subject of doable word counts!

Hug your son for me - if he'll let you. Hope he feels so much better soon - and that you don't go down with the lurgy. If you do, please don't bring it to Lincoln!

See you soon!

Kate Hardy said...

Honestly, you two! LOL. It's doable by a normal person's standards. :o)

I have indeed gone down with the lurgy. But this gives me time to get rid of it...