Friday, May 11, 2012

the right decision

Current work: med (and getting nervous about verdict on second revs)
Listening to: Sheryl Crow
Reading: Yesterday’s Sun, Amanda Brooks

So today was my induction at the gym. It was hard work (I’m unfit, and I am going to feel it tomorrow). What I wasn’t expecting was to enjoy it. Or to feel great afterwards.

I saw a couple of people I’ve known since nursery, and I made a new friend (who came over to me in the changing room and asked how my first session went – that was SO kind – as well as reassuring me I’d made the right decision by sharing her weight/shape loss experience).

Definitely the right decision.

I also came home to a new Manga edition – this time, The Cinderella Project – and tonight I’m taking Son to see The Winter’s Tale at the Theatre Royal. So a nice day all round.

The sky was blue when we left for school this morning. Aha, I thought, I can finally get my shot of the oilseed rape against the sky. It’s not quite how I wanted it, as the clouds had already started to come in (and in the shot where the flowers look great and I did get a bit of blue sky, there’s a fuzzy bit of cow parsley in the way). But this will give you some idea of how pretty the fields are around here at the moment.

1 comment:

Liz Fielding said...

Hope the theatre trip was wonderful, Kate.

I think someone must have found a cupboardful of mangas, everyone seems to have had one this week. Mine was Lady Gabriella. Hero on cover was clutching baby bunny! Just love them so much. :)

Saw loads of rape seed growing when I was in Wiltshire last week. We don't have it - just cows and sheep. The ones in the field nearest to me look as if they'll pop if they don't lamb soon. Seems v. late.