Tuesday, May 24, 2011

the end of the world…

Current work: new Medical plus nerdy side project (henceforth NSP)
Listening to: Sandy Denny
Reading: Maggie Stiefvater, Shiver (loved the world-building in this, to the point where I’ve ordered #2 and pre-ordered #3 in the trilogy)

The doom-prophesiers were convinced that the world was going to end on Sunday. Um, we’re still around, unless I’ve missed something dramatic. Though it’s been incredibly blowy around here, and there was the eruption of the volcano in Iceland…

Now, we all know I have a fascination for volcanoes, so there have been suggestions floated. (Especially since I caught a programme a few days ago where Julia Buckley walked upon Eyjafjallajökull – definitely inspired scenes for the medical after next.) My family is, however, eminently sensible, so volcanic stuff has been relegated to bookworld only :o)


And that’s where I need to be right now – it’s half term next week (meaning intermittent blogging then) and I need to be ahead of myself, especially as I know second revisions are going to hit this week and they’ll need to be my top priority. Still. I am sort of organised again. Fingers crossed for tiny revisions and a few weeks of calm. And most definitely not Armageddon-type stuff…

No comments: