Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Catchup

Current work: well-refilling :o)
Listening to: Joe Bonamassa (love the new album)
Reading: next on TBR


  • Book #53 off my desk and on my editor’s – tick
  • PLR and ALCS records updated – tick
  • Sorted out cooking plan for son’s party tomorrow (involves gluten-and-dairy-free baking as he has a friend with major allergies; there is absolutely no way I’m going to tell a teenage boy that no, he can’t have one of the choc-chip cookies fresh out of the oven and make him watch everyone else scoff them. We’ve experimented and adapted our recipe so everyone can have one) – tick
  • Sent off M&B author lunch cheque and put note on calendar to book train ticket – tick
  • Regular gym sessions – tick
  • Sulk at unfairness of putting on 2lbs this weekend when I wasn’t actually very naughty (was DH’s bday) – tick
  • Getting excited about this weekend – tick, tick, tick


Weekend? Major well-refilling. Going to London with son to see The Tempest at the RSC with his godmother (aka my bestest friend). Am trying to work out if I can squeeze in a trip to Fortnum’s as I’m almost out of tea (sadly, Twinings’ Lady Grey is nowhere near as nice as F&M’s Countess Grey – and there are far worse things that I could be into). Feel slightly guilty that am not taking daughter, but I did take her to Grease with her godmother for her birthday, a couple of years back, and this is a late birthday treat for her brother. Besides, I want her to enjoy her first Shakespeare, so it’d be better to wait until she’s a little older and then pick something like Much Ado or Twelfth Night.

Righty. I have a couple of contracts to go through with a fine-tooth comb. And a tumble-dryer that has decided it is really a pneumatic drill - I think it's the drum, and it has a sensor, so fixing it is going to cost a fortune. Given its age, we might be better off going for a new one. Need to persuade DH...

1 comment:

Carol Warham said...

All sounds to be going well! tick tick tick tick :0)