Thursday, April 22, 2010

Venezia, day 3 – final night (or so we thought)

In the evening, we went out for dinner. Found a lovely restaurant - fresh freesias etc. (Bad photo as DH hates me behaving like a tourist.)
The restaurant had the most amazing wine list - literally, hundreds of choices! I opted for a very traditional Venetian dish - calves' livers with polenta, which was gorgeous. DH shocked me by having the Venetian mixed fish and vegetables (including baby octopus). For pudding, son opted for chocolate mousse (which he didn’t like, sigh – had nuts in it); Madam had fresh pineapple with pomegranate, I had affogato (ice cream with espresso poured over the top) – and then wished I’d had DH’s pudding, this beautiful raspberry torte. (Again apols for the bad pic. DH has a strong sense of embarrassment – sigh, nobody was looking and it isn’t an issue!).
Had a last wander through the Piazza San Marco - Madam and I danced through the square.
Back to our hotel, where we took a last night-time view from the terrace.
Then we relaxed in the reception area.

And son caught up with the papers (he's just got interested in politics).
Will be very sad to leave Venice - gorgeous city and lovely people.

Another 30, 000 steps today. That makes 88k in total since we started.

8 comments:

Scarlet Wilson said...

Kate, your holiday looked fabulous. I can't believe the amount of steps! Your legs must look like a marathon runners. Scared to ask if you're planning the next holiday....

Jan Jones said...

That raspberry pud looks too pretty to eat!

Caroline said...

That pud looks fab. I think I spoke too son when I blogged earlier about you having a pain free journey back CAROLINE X

Lacey Devlin said...

Oh my gosh! Now THAT'S a pudding!

Kate Hardy said...

Susan - it was FABULOUS! And you don't realise how much you're walking. It wasn't at speed, just wandering around in the sunshine, spotting locations for books and eating lots of ice cream. (Have I mentioned that I lost 6lbs? And it's stayed off. Just. Yay.)

Kate Hardy said...

Jan - it tasted as nice as it looked (I was shameless and stole some!)

Kate Hardy said...

Caroline - it was. And you did *g* - but it was an adventure and some of it was great fun. Just... Put it this way, next time we go abroad, I'm going to make sure I have a stock of grissini before the main journey each way!

Kate Hardy said...

Lacey - it was. Wait until you see the one I had yesterday *g*