Thursday, April 29, 2010

blogging elsewhere and two bits of excellent news

Current work: medical continuity
Listening to: Bach
Reading: Kandy Shepherd’s ‘Love is a four-legged word’ (great fun)

Am blogging over at I Heart Presents today, talking about fairgrounds and the background to my new Presents release, ‘Good Girl or Gold Digger?’ – if you have a fairground story to tell me (or just want to see some of my research pictures), do go over and comment!

Excellent news. Well, I have two bits. One was the news I referred to earlier this week; I wasn’t sure if it was embargoed, but as my mates Donna Alward and Fiona Harper have blogged about their great news (do go and congratulate them – I’m really pleased for them), I think it’s OK for me to do the same! The Children’s Doctor’s Special Proposal is a finalist in the Golden Quill’s Short Contemporary category, so I’m utterly, utterly thrilled (especially as it was the first time I’d entered).

And the other bit of good news is that my ed liked the second revisions, so my 44th M&B, A Christmas Knight (aka the jousting book), is going to be published in December.

I feel a bit like a dog with two tails!

13 comments:

Nell Dixon said...

Yay! Congratulations!

Scarlet Wilson said...

Congratulations on the Golden Quill Kate and looking forward to your Christmas book.

Jan Jones said...

Fabulous, Kate! And what a relief about the edits.

Lacey Devlin said...

Double congratulations! Can't wait to hear the results and looking forward to December!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic news about the Golden Quill and revisions!
Many congrats and best of luck with the contest - you must be thrilled. :-)

Kate Hardy said...

Nell - thanks :o)

Kate Hardy said...

Susan - thanks, and I hope you enjoy it!

Kate Hardy said...

Thanks, Jan - and yes, it's a HUGE relief. I can stop stressing now and just write again.

Kate Hardy said...

Lacey - thanks!

Kate Hardy said...

Nina - thanks, and I am. Absolutely!

Unknown said...

Yippee! Brilliant news, Kate, and thoroughly deserved.

Kate Hardy said...

Thanks, Shirley!

Caroline said...

Way late in posting - sorry Kate! But massive congratulations and fingers crossed. Caroline x