Friday, May 01, 2009

May Day

Current work: outlines and plotting; and revisions for Med
Listening to: Madeleine Peyroux
Reading: next on TBR pile

Today is May Day – and, as it's my first post of the month, it's also calendar day.


Bright, sticky heart-shaped candies. My daughter loves these, though I have to admit I prefer Parma Violets. (Hmm. Am I the only person in the world who liked them?)

Had a really good day yesterday.

Firstly, I got a very special book in the post. A copy of my all-time favourite category romance novel, signed by the author (who is also one of my favourite people - she's incredibly talented AND she's a thoroughly nice woman as well, great company, witty and kind). So colour me very, very, VERY happy.

Secondly, I ordered a proper table for my office to replace my desk. Why? Because my desk is really rickety, part of the veneer is peeling (OK, so it serves me right for ordering a cheapie desk from Argos in the first place), plus the design means I have to be a contortionist if I want to reach the plug behind my desk. I much prefer working at a normal table (and I can have access to my plug again and put my lamp on). I was going to ask for my old table back, but son has been using it to paint his Warhammer stuff and it’s not in a good state. John Lewis had a reasonably priced table that’s the same size as my desk, and they’re delivering it next Tuesday afternoon. Yay.

Am also having a bit of a meejafest. Lovely Angi from the Eastern Daily Press rang to ask if she can interview me about the new book. Am also going to be on BBC Radio Norfolk in the middle of the month, on Karen and Graham’s “Ladies who Lunch” slot.

Oh yes, and it’s May, which means I have new books out this month! Um, quite a few of them, it seems...

First up, fiction: Playboy Boss, Pregnancy of Passion is the second in my To Tame a Playboy duo, out in the UK right now. If you like Greek settings, you'll love where Luke takes Sara as a surprise. Oh, yes - and you might need tissues towards the end. And there's this sweet-natured spaniel who is a complete and utter shoe thief. (Yeah. The same one who steals one shoe from everyone in this house and piles them up in his bed. I think he would be a bit cross if he found out I'd nicknamed him Imelda. Byron, I mean, not my hero.) I'm VERY pleased with my cover: this is one cute man.

Then, in the US, we have The Millionaire Boss's Reluctant Mistress. This is actually a reprint - it was actually the first in my Posh Docs series, Her Celebrity Surgeon. And yes, the family surname is Radley. And yes, you all know exactly where I got the name. I will confess this over on I Heart Presents later in the month, among other little secrets...



And I also have new nonfiction on the shelves: Norfolk Miscellany is what it says on the cover. Whether you've lived in Norfolk for many years or just moved to the county, you'll find new and entertaining information about Norfolk within the pages.

Happy May Day - and may the sun shine on you for the holiday weekend.

8 comments:

Jan Jones said...

How lovely, Kate, and may May continue to be good to you!

Anonymous said...

WOW. You always make me feel like a complete Slug with your productivity - many congrats.

Did notice a recent project about BBC Norfolk and Thetford mentioned in the Guardian - were you involved?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/booksblog/2009/apr/23/norfolk-thomas-paine-bbc-map

Hope you enjoy the lovely sunshine - :-)

Unknown said...

Oh, Parma Violets. I haven't had any for years. Absolutely gorgeous!

'You might need tissues...'? There's no *might* about it! Another wonderful read.

Diane said...

Whaddya mean "liked" parma violets? I still do. :oD

Kate Hardy said...

Jan - thanks :o) And I think it's going to be a good one for you, too.

Kate Hardy said...

Nina - you're not a slug! No, wasn't involved in the Paine project, but I did cover him in 'The Norfolk Miscellany'.

Thanks, I really enjoyed the sunshine this weekend.

Kate Hardy said...

Shirley - I'm going to have to do a retro sweeties post...

And thanks for the nice comments on the book.

Kate Hardy said...

Diane - yup, should've been present tense. Haven't had them for years, though.