Wednesday, April 01, 2009

April Calendar – and finished

Current work: fiction
Listening to: Keith Urban
Reading: next on TBR pile

Here’s the calendar pic for April…



Yesterday, I cancelled guitar so I could make a last push to finish the Suffolk book and give me space to focus on the other book. Finished it; printed it out; copied the Word files and jpgs to a CD-rom… and couldn’t find the marker pen to label the disk (DH had borrowed the pen – typical man, never puts things back. My office might look like a tip but I know where things are). But it’s ready to go to the post office on the way home from school today.

I’m not exactly in a post-book slump, as I have another screaming deadline. But I do need a day to clear my head and get myself focused. Today is a matter of tidying my desk (it’s past my mess tolerance limits, plus there’s a royalty cheque in the ‘post inwards’ pile that needs to go in the bank today), having a thinking day to wrestle with a plot problem, plus taking my local best friend out for lunch as she’s having a milestone birthday. And I also need to sort out the stuff for the statement meeting tomorrow. This is one of those weeks where I just can’t fit everything in. I was asked yesterday if I’d give some talks to the local WI… and, regretfully, I had to say no. I would’ve really enjoyed that. But, with Dad taking a whole day of my work week, almost EVERY SINGLE WEEK, I simply don’t have the space to agree to any more commitments.

I would, however, like some more energy. And some patience. If anyone has any spare, do let me know…

Apologies – I’m feeling a bit ranty, today. The situation isn’t fixable, and as I’m the kind of person who’s good at fixing things (and usually successful), not being able to fix it is driving me crazy. I’m quite out of sorts and need a boost – and as I’m having lunch opposite Sonkai… Well. I might be good and stop at just a spacer. But I have a hankering for glass. (One particular bead. If it’s in stock.) It’s Easter hols next week, so methinks we’ll go and visit Langham Glass. Is sort of research for the book after next, but is also something that fascinates me: double win.

Glass half full. I’m out of contact for a couple of hours today, too. And nice lunch out. And seeing someone I’m very fond of. And I can pick up a couple of treats from the kids (have extracted their book wishlist, so this is going to be fun – have already ordered treats for DH, which arrived yesterday and he’s a happy bunny). So I can at least put a sparkle in their lives.

2 comments:

Donna Alward said...

Sending hugs and great cyber choccie. There are days when the list simply looks TOO LONG.

Enjoy your lunch, and my recent trick to putting the world in perspective...I step outside my door, close my eyes, and listen to the birds. They're all twitterpated this time of year. :-)

Unknown said...

Ooh, Langham Glass - lucky you. I once spent a fortune in that place and then, having spent that fortune, spotted a badger with a 'poorly paw' in the seconds department. Had to bring him home too.

Saying 'no' now and again is important. Good for you. Your dad has to have priority.