Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Frost

Current work: gelati book
Listening to: Corelli (because it's gentle)
Reading: next on TBR

Really pretty school run this morning, with a sharp frost everywhere and the faintest traces of mist hanging in the air by the river. (No pics as the roads are too narrow to pull off, and I'm not selfish enough to block traffic.) Minus 2 degrees C, so the grass was really crunchy in the front garden and daughter spotted various spider webs frozen in time.

Cannot shift the headache (neither paracetamol nor ibuprofen will do it), cannot keep my temperature stable (am either too hot or too cold), and I'm getting tired of massive coughing fits at 3.30am (read: tired of the green stuff - this feels like a chest infection), so I'm off to see the doctor this afternoon. Pouts. This is what I get for planning big workathon to finish the book...

2 comments:

Jane Holland said...

Hugs!

Hope you get better soon. Most winters I get a few nasty bouts of bronchitis and cough myself silly. The legacy of chain-smoking most of my adult life - gave up nearly five years ago now, but the damage was done by then.

Jx

Caroline said...

Oh I agree with Jane - *massive* hugs Kate. I hope you feel better soon. Caroline x