Monday, February 11, 2008

stillbeing thoroughly spoiled...


Current work: today is one of my few non-working days of the year…but I’m thinking (and I might do some this morning)
Listening to: various cello pieces
Reading: Louise Allen: Virgin Slave, Barbarian King (this was a huge treat – Wulfric definitely worked for me as a hero *g*. Great plot, great dialogue, great characterisation, lots of warmth - fabulous stuff)

So. Friday: new furniture arrived, and it’s a hit with small person.


Saturday: lovely flowers, courtesy of my best friend.

Did some shopping (son’s wedding suit and some of his stuff for this outbound course – and picked up several copies of the Evening News, because lovely Rowan Mantell had given me a stellar write-up); went out to dinner at the Parson Woodforde (anyone care to guess what I might have had for pudding? *g*); then went to see our friends Debbie and Tony.

Sunday: family party to celebrate the Romance Prize and my birthday. Champagne and cake. (OK. So it was very healthy chicken, jacket potatoes, salad and ratatouille for lunch… but then I was bad. And I cannot confess to my diet buddies about the puddings. Actually, I can, because this weekend wasn’t diet day, it was my (extended) birthday and therefore I had licence to be naughty. Said puddings involved crème brulee wrapped in Belgian chocolate, and strawberries and cream wrapped in Belgian chocolate. Scrummy, scrummy, scrummy. And full marks for the presentation, too. And they’re on an introductory offer in Sainsbury’s right now. See more here.)

Was very spoiled with champagne and pressies (chocolate and Radley were involved – oh, speaking of which: my local best friend customised one of the Edward Monckton cards, so my ‘handbag of glory’ card has a certain brand name and a certain Scottie dog on it – very funny) and some money towards my picture. I was half expecting everyone to say I was mad re the painting; on the contrary, they think it’s a brilliant idea.

Son is still deeply into animation; he disappeared mid-party and returned with a model of me. (You can’t see the detail of the feet here, but he’s even made black high-heeled shoes like the girly ones I wore to the RNA awards lunch.) Bless. Apparently he needs wire for armature so it will stand up - the reason it has short legs, btw, is because my skirts tend to be quite long. And that is indeed a computer in front of me.

Plan for today: shopping, son’s osteopath appointment, post office, lunch out, cinema (The Water Horse), back home to change and meet DH, and dinner out. I had intended to get the seaside in there at some point, but even I can’t squash all that into a day. There’s always tomorrow…

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend-- and I think the KH Action Figure (with accessories) is utterly fantastic!!

Kate Hardy said...

He even did the black pearls, bless him. (And note the wide smile from last week is still in place)

Now he needs to make the Antonio Banderas Action Figure to go with it *g*

Melissa Amateis said...

Lovely flowers! And you definitely deserve all that yummy food. :-)