Thursday, March 26, 2009

RITA congrats

Current work: fic and nonfic
Listening to: Alison Moyet, Voice (lovely - it's a covers album and, after hearing her rendition of 'Almost Blue', I think I understand why people rate Elvis Costello)
Reading: various research stuff

Am drawing a veil over yesterday. It’s January 2008 redux, so juggling real life etc is a tad tricky, and I’m running as fast as I can to slide backwards slowly. Methinks I’m going to be asking for deadline extensions YET AGAIN and it’s so frustrating. Wish I was the selfish type: then I could just claim I can’t cope and leave other people to deal with things. Sadly, am not; though at least it means I have a clear conscience. (And I’ve probably said too much. Time to shut up. This isn’t a dirty-laundry-washing blog.)

On the glass half-full side I would like to say special congrats to Lilian Darcy, Barbara Hannay, Jessica Hart and Anne McAllister for finalling in the Short Contemporary section of the RITAs. Great stuff and I’m very proud of them. And I’m also delighted that Jill Shalvis has been shortlisted for Best Novella. Jill’s one of my favourite writers (oh, go on, stick my neck out – I think she and Nancy Warren were the best of the old Temptation writers, and in my view they’re the best Blaze writers, too) and she’s also a warm, very funny woman; her blog is a daily treat.

Congrats to all the shortlistees - full listing is over on the RWA site, here. Fabulous news.

Here’s to romance. Long may it put sparkle into people’s lives.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hugs on horrible days.
I raise my cup of China and Darjeeling to romance fiction- hope, positive energy, love and laughter, all wrapped up in a warm smile.
Lets go write some romance! LOL

Nell Dixon said...

Big hugs, hope things settle down for you soon.

Donna Alward said...

Hugsies coming from me. Yesterday was kinda ugly for me too, and today I got to see the silver lining, so sending some of that your way.

And I totally agree re: romance. :-)

Jan Jones said...

(((((hugs)))))

Sweetie, you wouldn't be you if you didn't think you could fix the world.

And if you'd like a top-up in your half-full glass, remember - you survived it back then and came out the other side, you can do it again.